Does anyone here live in Georgia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just want to know if there are any emissions or roadworthiness tests to pass before a vehicle can be registered in that state.

If there is, what kind of things are checked?

depends on what year and where in Georgia you will be registering in (basically the 13 county Atlanta area or not)

they can't even spell emissions down here where i live in louisville, much less worry about it...

place called Griffin.

Pike county is not part of the emissions area but is is very close to the border all the counties north of it are, if you wind up in an emissions area 96 and newer only OBDII scan, no sniff, no other inspections.

Griffin is pure Georgia, and not the Atlanta kind, be prepared for culture shock.

Which vehicles have to be inspected?

If your vehicle is: a 1983-2004 model year gasoline-powered car or light-duty truck (up to 8,500 pounds gross vehicle weight rating) registered in Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding or Rockdale County.

MapNonAttainmentAreaOpt.jpg

http://www.cleanairforce.com/

I live in Southeastern Georgia and was unaware that anyone had emissions testing until I got on Mud. Everyone is exempt down here.

Pike does not need it yet but soon will. No real inspection at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom