any repair 4 window regulator fj60 D/S (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John McVicker

SILVER Star
Threads
Is there a 'repair' for a bad window regulator or must you replace it with a used/new regulator ?

I am 'Searching' right now but it's starting to rain outside & thought I would post up & then go out & put my gear away.

D/S window on my 60 goes up/down OK until the last 2-3 inches from the top. Then it feels like it's stripped & I've got to finish bringing it up by pressing on the glass & pulling/pushing.

I am looking on 'parts' & 'parted out' for a used regulator but was wondering if there might possibly be a 'repair' to my current regulator once I get it out or is the only 'repair' a 'replacement' ??

Thanks, John

John,

I just did this same repair, no just get a used on on here and replace.

Chris
87 FJ60
85 FJ60
75 VJ40

yeah - x2

x2 on that...replace with a used one. I got mine from cruiserparts.net...but there are alot of folks parting out 60s.

It's an easy job...even I did it myself...

Have you cleaned it yet? I had a similar problem with the regulator and a good cleaning and regreasing took care of it.

Jim,

No I haven't got it out yet to even try to clean. Got the door apart & it started to rain. Haven't seen the gears, it just feels like they are stripped. Can tell more once I remove 'em.

When you fixed yours by cleaning, was your problem the window was just hard to roll up, or like mine, the gears slipped when you got towards the top.

John

I didn't have any gear slippage but as hard as it was to roll up I thought something was stripping, or about to strip. To clean the regulator all I did was pull the inner door panel. Access to the regulator is tight but I did not want to pull the window and regulator just to clean. I hosed off the regulator with a can of carb cleaner. Once that was dry I relubed things with lithium grease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom