Do the overseas wheel flares cover the US flare holes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm still considering the pros and cons of doing the line-x flare eliminator. I really don't want to, but it appears to be the only cost-effective way to remove the flares and cleanly patch the holes.

Does anyone know if the Australian/South African flares (the unpainted black ones) will cover the holes the bigger flares make?

I believe that they will cover the holes left by the facory flares. I have heard of panel beaters here (Oz) using after market sets for exactly the reason you are asking! $$$

There used to be quite a few available here, but from what I understand only TJM and ARB sell them now. I am unsure if they both get them from the same supplier.

The other difference worth noting is that the non genuine flares don't use the factory mounting holes. They screw into the underside of the mudguard lip. Not a major problem IMHO but usefull to remember so you can undercoat or seal any bare metal left exposed by the open holes in your bodywork, behind the flares.

I believe that they will cover the holes left by the facory flares. I have heard of panel beaters here (Oz) using after market sets for exactly the reason you are asking! $$$....

That's good to know.

My area has the kinds of trails where my factory flares will be gone in no time.

I don't really want to go with the bedliner option, but getting the sides' holes filled/repainted to showroom condition is $1600+ :eek:.

Maybe I'll contact ARBUSA and see what's up.

I believe that they will cover the holes left by the facory flares. I have heard of panel beaters here (Oz) using after market sets for exactly the reason you are asking! $$$

There used to be quite a few available here, but from what I understand only TJM and ARB sell them now. I am unsure if they both get them from the same supplier.

The other difference worth noting is that the non genuine flares don't use the factory mounting holes. They screw into the underside of the mudguard lip. Not a major problem IMHO but usefull to remember so you can undercoat or seal any bare metal left exposed by the open holes in your bodywork, behind the flares.

As I am aware, genuine OEM flares are available as individuals when any one got damaged which is not the case at least on my country with the aftermarket sets :D

My area has the kinds of trails where my factory flares will be gone in no time.

Yup, our rigs are really too fat for the local zuk trails, but we go anyways. I still have the factory flares plus 1.5" aftermarket stiff rubber extensions to keep me legal "on road". I've already ripped off one extension on a trail.

If you replace your factory flare with aftermarket, aren't you still likely to loose it on the trail?

Time for an exo? Or, removable flares?

Maybe I'll contact ARBUSA and see what's up.

Am interested in knowing their response. -Steve

The Arctic flares that came on my truck from Japan fit completely over the stock flares (which are still mounted on the truck!!). Keeps in my (now) 37x14.5 Toyos quite nicely!:cool:
dsc060951.jpg

The Arctic flares that came on my truck from Japan fit completely over the stock flares (which are still mounted on the truck!!). Keeps in my 37x14.5 Toyos quite nicely!
dsc060951.jpg

The Arctic flares that came on my truck from Japan fit completely over the stock flares (which are still mounted on the truck!!). Keeps in my 37x14.5 Toyos quite nicely!

That's good, but my objective is to decrease the amount of flares. They just get bashed on the trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom