Resonator Box Removal Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Threads
Removed my resonator box yesterday in preparation for dual batteries. Like others have done, I stuffed some of the small hose from the air cleaner to the reasonator box inside the larger hose from the resonator box to the engine and then just routed the large hose from the air cleaner to the engine. While there are no kinks in the hose at all, it's just an ok fit.

When I started the engine yesterday on completion and then again this morning, it idled a little rough and down at about 300 rpm instead of the normal 600 rpm. It's almost like the engine is a little starved for oxygen. By the time I got to work this morning, it was idling just fine. ECU adjust and compensate?

Thoughts?

Not really a helpful thought, but we pulled to box on our '94 recently and replaced the line w/ the Gates hose - idled smoothly at first start-up and since then.

Brent, did you have the battery disconected? Mine will do that every once in a while if I disconect the battery for a day or so... In my case, it's just the ECU relearning everything. My point is it may not have anything to do with the intake.

Nope - but good thought. I know the ECU take a little time to reset itself after disconnecting the battery.

Not really a helpful thought, but we pulled to box on our '94 recently and replaced the line w/ the Gates hose - idled smoothly at first start-up and since then.

Where did you source the correct size? Flexible enough to just bend w/o kinking the hose? That's part of the issue. Hose I'm bending has been mfg'ed for that shape and is 14 years old, so not real flexible. Haven't checked with a local Napa store for the hose number that's been used by others that have done this.

I used the Napa hose and bicycle innertube on mine.

I used the Napa hose and bicycle innertube on mine.

So the Napa hose is just a little big on the air cleaner side then?

So the Napa hose is just a little big on the air cleaner side then?

Yes, it was bigger on the air cleaner side. When you get the hose you'll see that it also needs to be cut shorter to fit right.

I'll post a pic after I get home.

Dave

Thanks - I can see the shape of the Napa hose online and completely see that it's a pretty close fit to what's needed here. Would appreciate the pic.

Gates 22627 hose [also known as NAPA 9260] got ours at O'Riellys; trimmed both ends to get the hose to not touch the new battery box

Trout - thanks.

Here's my set up.
Sensors012.jpg

As you can see, there is about 2mm clearance on my application.
Sensors013.jpg

Dave

Thanks for the pics Dave! Appreciate the effort. Which end did you trim - my guess would be the air cleaner side?

I don't remember. It will be obvious though.

I did this with a hose from Napa, I will dig up the part number if you are interested. No kinks, fits good for the most part.

I had to put a piece of old inner tube around the air cleaner port because it is slightly smaller.

Ran great.

Here is a crappy pic of it.
Landcruiser air hose.jpg

Talk about dredging up an old thread I started in 2007!!!

Put a new air filter in this morning and found the small repurposed hose from the engine to the air filter had a good split on the engine side. It is, after all, a 29 year old hose.

Will be ordering the Gates 22627 hose to replace it. Toyota hose I repurposed when I removed the resonator box is long discontinued . No surprise there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom