Wanted 60/62 Rear hatch glass near AZ. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wile E Coyote

Out in the streets, they call it murder!
Threads
Trying to avoid the likely demise of shipped glass, so I'm betting on the slim chance of a short ship or drive from 86401 (Kingman,AZ). Would take the whole upper hatch if white and rust free, but mostly need the glass.
Thanks,
Mike

i have a nice rear window...but shipping will be dicey....

anyways if you really want it....$35.00 plus the ride...

its out of a 1983 BJ 60

best regards

Gord

Im Closer...........San Diego w/ fair hatch good shape $40.00

i have a nice rear window...but shipping will be dicey....

anyways if you really want it....$35.00 plus the ride...

its out of a 1983 BJ 60

best regards

Gord

Thnx Gord, but yer right, shipping would kill me.

Im Closer...........San Diego w/ fair hatch good shape $40.00
I'm interested, SD isn't too far and $40 is a great price:grinpimp: . You'd be willing to prep and ship? (On my dime, o'course) Care to share a zip for a shipping guestimate? I'm 86401.

I am checking on a few scarce local sources before I'll commit, so I'll keep ya posted if I bite.
Otherwise, so far you've the most feasible offer.

Thx, Mike

In2cruisers....
A second thought, are the heater strips known to work or at least appear intact?
Thanks,
mike

Bump to da top.

In2cruisers....
A second thought, are the heater strips known to work or at least appear intact?
Thanks,
mike

Good news...Yes great shape
Bad news.....Not interested in shipping

Bad news.....Not interested in shipping

boy there is something you don't hear every day...i am a little shocked by that statement...

well mike ....i sure hope you have better luck with your search then you have had so far.

Best Regards

Gord

****always willing to ship parts****

Last edited:
boy there is something you don't here every day...i am a little shocked by that statement...

well mike ....i sure hope you have better luck with your search then you have had so far.

Best Regards

Gord

No worries, Gord, that's what I get for not driving a Heep and living in the middle of the desert.
I still have a local source (Vegas 100 miles north) to try out in the next few weeks. If thet falls short, then I just might have to hit you up.
In2cruisers, thanks ofr the offer, but another 9 hr round trip is too much for me right now.
My sis-in-law just moved from La Jolla, so I won't likely be back in SD area anytime soon.

I have a rear glass from a FJ62. Heater wires appear intact. If there is a test you know of to verify, I can do that. The inside of the glass has had a tinting film applied. I don't know how easy this stuff is to get off if you didn't want or like it. The outside of the glass appears to have a few surface scratches, not from wiper, but vertical like perhaps the glass had something slide down it when closing the gate or it happened when the gate was removed from the cruiser. They are not very noticable unless you are looking for them.

I will have to collect or fabricate some kind of container or box but I will ship. Zip is 95993 (Northern California). DHL is generally the cheapest way to go if you want to estimate a quote.

Since one was previously offered for $35, I'll offer the same price. Shipping and any boxing materials would be extra. Not trying to step on anyones toes here so if there is already a deal working I'll back out. Just trying to help out if you are still in the market for one.

Last edited:
I have a rear glass from a FJ62. Heater wires appear intact. If there is a test you know of to verify, I can do that. The inside of the glass has had a tinting film applied. I don't know how easy this stuff is to get off if you didn't want or like it. The outside of the glass appears to have a few surface scratches, not from wiper, but vertical like perhaps the glass had something slide down it when closing the gate or it happened when the gate was removed from the cruiser. They are not very noticable unless you are looking for them.

I will have to collect or fabricate some kind of container or box but I will ship. Zip is 95993 (Northern California). DHL is generally the cheapest way to go if you want to estimate a quote.

Since one was previously offered for $35, I'll offer the same price. Shipping and any boxing materials would be extra. Not trying to step on anyones toes here so if there is already a deal working I'll back out. Just trying to help out if you are still in the market for one.
Thanks for the offer, no set deals yet. I'l def. keep ya in mind. I did just PM Gord for a shipping estimate, so we'll see. Idealy, I'd like to not chance on shipping, but so far, not looking too good.

Everyone posting has been very helpful so far, so thanks to each of yas!

Gord, I haven't forgotten ya. I got your pics of the hatch, it's in worse shape than my current one, so I guess I shouldn't complain so much about mine. hehe I'm still hedging my bet for a local find, but again, I haven't forgotten you.

ttt

boy there is something you don't hear every day...i am a little shocked by that statement...

Best Regards

Gord

Just have no time to ....box up and find shipper right now...sorry. Take a trip to SeaWorld..and stop by:D

I seen a hatch out of a 86 in a junk yard in south Phoenix. Hardware was stripped but glass was still in it. Window was tinted but the defrost looked okay. This is stored inside a warehouse not outdoors and I know it's probably been there for years. They wanted $100 for it but may come down to make the sale. I think the color was bronze not white like you are looking. But it is a AZ rust free part.

John

Thanks John, I've had inquiries on junkyarddog.com and such, with replies like " we MIGHT have your part....Just call xxx-xxx-xxxx and talk to...." . Along w/ other generic wording, it turns out to just be fishing. Just gotta find the one that's genuine.
I'll be in Vegas Saturday........we'll see then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom