Picture of the 100 with new shoes and no running boards.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
she'll look better when i put a ARB on the front and a 2" lift!!
IMG00014-01-01.jpg

You did the T-bars too right? Looks great!

Especially the fresh armorall... :flipoff2:

Hi Noah...looks great. What year?

I have an '04 LC with running boards...I likethe looks of my 1990 LC and my 1994 LC both came withour running boards.

The 2004 version has the running boards a bit more "integrated" with the somewhat revised fender flare profile. Do they still come off clean?...and does the "naked" 2004 version look OK w/o running boards? Anyone take them off?

Thanks...Tom R

I have an '04 LC with running boards...I likethe looks of my 1990 LC and my 1994 LC both came withour running boards.

The 2004 version has the running boards a bit more "integrated" with the somewhat revised fender flare profile. Do they still come off clean?...and does the "naked" 2004 version look OK w/o running boards? Anyone take them off?

Thanks...Tom R

it is a 98 with center and rear locker. I like the looks a whole lot better without the running boards. I dont know about the LC's with fender flares, but i am guessing it would be a lot harder to take them off clean.

The 2004 version has the running boards a bit more "integrated" with the somewhat revised fender flare profile. Do they still come off clean?...and does the "naked" 2004 version look OK w/o running boards?
Tom, can you post a pic so we can see what you mean by integrated? There was no fender revision in 2004 but you might have the fender flares which many have also removed. AFAIK, all 100 series running boards can be removed and look fine, if not improved.

Tom, can you post a pic so we can see what you mean by integrated? There was no fender revision in 2004 but you might have the fender flares which many have also removed. AFAIK, all 100 series running boards can be removed and look fine, if not improved.

I need to work on the picture posting routine...I did go look at the set up and I think you are correct...the front fender has a very slight curve to create a small "flair" around the tires...no separate fender flares.

I think the running boards were made to look more like part of the sheetmetal flow...than on the earlier 90's running boards...plus I think the earlier models had the optional fender flares?

I believe mine would look like Noah's in his picture...even the similar green color.

Neat part is that my wife agrees that they runnig boards really are not very functional. That may be because we had the '90 and the '94 for 14 years w/o running boards. Plus, it does not look like a LC with the RBs.

I assume you could re-intall them quite easily for re-sale?

Thanks...TomR

P.S. My wife is getting nervous as I am talking about new shocks, taking off the RBs...she is afraid it will next be a 3" lift and big new tires!...TMR

yep, did the T-bars too....looks much better when the front doesnt droop. I think i am going to take this one to CMCC this year....

Big Talker Betty Crocker...

Oh, I really like them tires too. Maybe a set on my stock wheels...

Noah

What size tire? like the no running board look,like any free mod:D

Thanks...Tom R

Easy to take off! Just order front mud flaps and hardware from cDan.
dsc06478-209_525.jpg

dsc06528-209_525.jpg

dsc06481-165_525.jpg

dsc06532-121_525.jpg

Easy to take off! Just order front mud flaps and hardware from cDan.

Dude! You gotta do the T-Bars! It'll sit so nice! :cool:

OK...I have never liked the running boards on my 2004 LC...I just had not looked closely to see that they could come off w/o much hassle.

Questions...

1) Is the removal as simple as just unbolting?...or are there any "comlications/surprises" that an inexperienced wrench would encounter?

2) Would it be just a s easy to re-install at a later date for re-sale...would there be any alignment issues or do you "ruin" and of the brackets in the removal process?

3) Could someone please provide a link to the source of the front wheel mud guards?...cDan?

4) Is the "front sag" you mention quite universal?...does it show more clearly with the BRs removed? Is the adjustment something a dealer would be familiar with? Any complications of this procedure?

Well, so far it will be Bilsteens and remove RBs...what's next? :) ...Thanks...TomR

Last edited:
OK...I have never liked the running boards on my 2004 LC...I just had not looked closely to see that they could come off w/o much hassle.

Questions...

1) Is the removal as simple as just unbolting?...or are there any "comlications/surprises" that an inexperienced wrench would encounter?
I believe there are 7 bolts that hold each side on...very very easy to take off, just dont let it fall on your head

2) Would it be just a s easy to re-install at a later date for re-sale...would there be any alignment issues or do you "ruin" and of the brackets in the removal process?
easy to reinstall for sure - you dont hurt anything

3) Could someone please provide a link to the source of the front wheel mud guards?...cDan?
cant help you here...i didnt put front mud gaurds on

4) Is the "front sag" you mention quite universal?...does it show more clearly with the BRs removed? Is the adjustment something a dealer would be familiar with? Any complications of this procedure?
search for torsion bar adjustment and it will walk you through it. I did it myself with no issues. All you need is two jacks, a 30mm socket, breaker bar, and a tape measure

Well, so far it will be Bilsteens and remove RBs...what's next? :)
put a Starbucks in it:flipoff2:
...Thanks...TomR

look up

To Get Notification via email

they are Toyo 285/75/15's Open Country A/T's

luve em

Noah,

I pretty much have the exact same cruiser and am thinking about changing to a 285 AT tire. I have not decided between the Toyo, Revo, or BFG AT KOs. My big concern is how performance is affected.

I see that you love them, but can you tell me about acceleration, braking, gas mileage, and road noise changes since you made your swap?

Thanks
--
Rob

Last edited:
hey guys! it seems like you dont like the running board thing. if you wish to sell it pls PM me. i hope your running board still in good condition. please remove it carefully. hahahahah:grinpimp:

I am looking for a set of running boards, anyone looking to get rid of theres PM me - please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom