OEM brake pads.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just pulled old pads...yikes...rotors are good though, got new OEM pads. The old pads however had no shims or anti squeal plating at all, is this normal? Also got anti sqeel treatment spay for the backs of new pads and is the same green color as the back of the new TEQ's do they come treated already?
Thanks
B

the 80 originally came with shims, if yours are missing you have to purchase them separately if you want them.

I run 100 series front pads (very long life) shims don't fit when the pads are new ad thick so I never have bothered to install them, sometimes get light squeaks on the first stop, other than that no problem.

I put them back together w/out as I didnt have any and had no way to go get some. Did a shake down and they seem fine. Man OEM is the way to go. Mine from the dealer were TEQ's I dont know if that is common or not? I may add shims as they wear we'll see.

the 80 originally came with shims, if yours are missing you have to purchase them separately if you want them.

I run 100 series front pads (very long life) shims don't fit when the pads are new ad thick so I never have bothered to install them, sometimes get light squeaks on the first stop, other than that no problem.

I've never really understood how they help? What is causing the squeal? and how are they preventing it? I don't use them with 100 series pads and all is good.

I put them back together w/out as I didnt have any and had no way to go get some. Did a shake down and they seem fine. Man OEM is the way to go. Mine from the dealer were TEQ's I dont know if that is common or not? I may add shims as they wear we'll see.

Mine shook down and caused my inside passenger pad to wear down and scrape my rotor while the outside pad looked fine.

roger that I'll get them in the a.m. and put them in asap...thanks Capo..

Ya it was weird. But now I just got them and havent had them on for long enough to check wear on the new pads.

Mine from the dealer were TEQ's I dont know if that is common or not?

TEQ = Toyota in Japanese approximated to European letters

If you have Asian characters installed on your computer it looks like this

トヨタ

Last edited:
I just did the 100 series pads last night. VERY tight fit, but they have a ton of brake material on them. Shims didn't fit, I'll put them back in once the pads have worn down, which looks like it may be awhile.

does it matter what year 100 series pads you get for your 80?? BTW I have a '97 LX :confused:

barrypt5

just get yer pads from CDan...then you don't have to remember what year ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom