Leveling Kit?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone aware of a simple leveling kit just for the front?? Thinking of putting some 275/70/17 MTR's and just want to add an 1" - 1.5" up front. I'm looking for a little bigger tire while keeping the cost down, at least for now...

I'm installing a Toytec 1/2 inch spacer for the front this weekend . Toytec says it will raise it 3/4 of an inch but someone else said it raised there fj a inch . I plan on taking measurments and photos so i'll let you know how it goes on monday , as long as i install them right . The 275 will fit with out a lift and i have seen a 255/85r16 (33.3x10 ) on a fj with no lift or body mount chop .

For $150, OME 883 coils on the front will level it and give better handling.

Any Luck w/ the Toytec leveling spacer??

I'm installing a Toytec 1/2 inch spacer for the front this weekend . Toytec says it will raise it 3/4 of an inch but someone else said it raised there fj a inch . I plan on taking measurments and photos so i'll let you know how it goes on monday , as long as i install them right . The 275 will fit with out a lift and i have seen a 255/85r16 (33.3x10 ) on a fj with no lift or body mount chop .[/quote

Hey Yoda 1-

Any luck w/ the Toytec spacer?? Seems like a good product, hoping it went well ...

Thanks

I'm installing a Toytec 1/2 inch spacer for the front this weekend . Toytec says it will raise it 3/4 of an inch but someone else said it raised there fj a inch . I plan on taking measurments and photos so i'll let you know how it goes on monday , as long as i install them right . The 275 will fit with out a lift and i have seen a 255/85r16 (33.3x10 ) on a fj with no lift or body mount chop .

ALso, what size tire are you puuting on??

DayStar Kit

I went with the daystar kit, check out my install by following the link below. I'm now running 285/70-17 mt's with a bit of rub on the front under compression. I need to do the body mount modification and get off my arse and get the rest of the daystar kit installed. No problems since the lift and it was $86 shipped to my door. You can get the 2 1/2 complete kit for $150, might be worth it for the extra lift with the larger tire size...

write up:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...t-install-instructions.html?highlight=daystar

Current picture in post #37, 2nd truck from left, just the front kit and 285's.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...outh-puget-sound-tcla-chapter-interest-4.html

I went with the daystar kit, check out my install by following the link below. I'm now running 285/70-17 mt's with a bit of rub on the front under compression. I need to do the body mount modification and get off my arse and get the rest of the daystar kit installed. No problems since the lift and it was $86 shipped to my door. You can get the 2 1/2 complete kit for $150, might be worth it for the extra lift with the larger tire size...

write up:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...t-install-instructions.html?highlight=daystar

Current picture in post #37, 2nd truck from left, just the front kit and 285's.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...outh-puget-sound-tcla-chapter-interest-4.html

Thanks for the info!! Your FJ looks insane, just to clarify you have a 1" Daystar kit and 285/70/17 right??

Thanks

I got it instaled this weekend and everything is working great . It took me about 5 1/2 hours to do it and i was working alone . The spacer gave me 1 inch lift in the front and drops to 3/4 inch lift at the bottom of the frame rail under the door. Measurments at the wheel wells ( driver side ) I had a 1 3/4 inch difference between the front and rear , after the install i have a 3/4 inch difference. I lost some of the body roll when going into corners and it's a litlte stiffer than stock , feels much better . I'm glad i did not go with a larger spacer as i feel it would of put to much preload on the stock springs and i wanted to keep some of the forward lean for visibility purposes. I'm very happy with the new look Yoda has ( the cutteness factor is gone ) and it will keep me satisfied until i have the money for new coil overs. Next step is new rims and tires , looking at the Dick Cepek Fun Country II in 285/75r16 . From my measurments it should fit with out trimming the body mounts. It's been raining here and my wife has been driving the fj to work ( as i'm installing a new top on the mustang ) so i'll get some after photos as soon as i can . For 60 bucks you can't go wrong and it can be installed by a newbie ( such as myself ) as long as you have some mechanical no how . I would recomend having a second pair of hands as the lower control arm was a bitch while trying to get the coil over back in .

FJIan1502 - I've just got the Daystar 1" leveling kit, got more like 1.5" out of the lift and I'm running 285/70-17 Hankook Dynapro MT's. I've got the rest of the daystar kit, just haven't installed it yet. This is where I got it from:

To just get the front spacers I ordered a kit for a Taco.

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/toyota4_Tacoma.htm

96-04 2&4WD 6-Lug 1" front spacers KT09105 $79

The complete kit is at the bottom of the page.

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/toyota4_FJ.htm

2007 4WD FJ Cruiser 2.5" front, 1.5" rear KT09122 $139

Here's a few pics after the Toytec top spacer was installed.

BadBoySchool-07.jpg

BadBoySchool-15.jpg

BBS_34.jpg

Here's another just for fun. .

BBS_74.jpg

Leveling Kit Question

You guys have provided a wealth of information about a subject I was going to post...thanks!!

Now, my question is this - can you direct me to a link where I can order a leveling kit for my UZJ100? What brand do you prefer? What components are required? I want to lift the front just a little so it appears level with the rear. I do not wheel this rig and it's all about appearances for me :princess: :cool:. I researched lift kits but decided it was ridiculous to alter perfectly good suspension on a beautiful vehicle with only 17,000 miles.

Thanks for your help!

You guys have provided a wealth of information about a subject I was going to post...thanks!!

Now, my question is this - can you direct me to a link where I can order a leveling kit for my UZJ100? What brand do you prefer? What components are required? I want to lift the front just a little so it appears level with the rear. I do not wheel this rig and it's all about appearances for me :princess: :cool:. I researched lift kits but decided it was ridiculous to alter perfectly good suspension on a beautiful vehicle with only 17,000 miles.

Thanks for your help!

What is a uzj100 ?

What is a uzj100 ?

So sorry...........I posted a question about the classic Toyota, the Land Cruiser, on the FJCruiser Forum. I'll move to the proper Forum. :flipoff2:

Major faux pas on my part after performing a search on 'leveling kits'.

So sorry...........I posted a question about the classic Toyota, the Land Cruiser, on the FJCruiser Forum. I'll move to the proper Forum. :flipoff2:

Major faux pas on my part after performing a search on 'leveling kits'.

Ok, you flicked my nerve ! :mad: Your looking for a leveling kit for your 05 Land Cruiser ! :lol:

You won't find a leveling kit for the UZJ100 because it is impossible to use a spacer on the IFS of the 100 series.

Good news is, you have torsion bars. Jack up the front, crawl under your Cruiser and adjust the t-bar preload to the height you like. Just know that as you increase your height you lose downtravel.

I have installed the 3” lift from old man emu on my fj80. The rear is higher, does anyone have installed a leveling kit after putting these springs ? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom