from vw to FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys Im new to all of this, my FJ rolls off the dealership on Saturday and I used to drive a Volkswagen, so as you can see this is a small change for me. Cant wait to jump in on the mud so keep me posted on future events around here!

welcome, i'm new here too but i used to sell VW's and if you were an active member of that community then you'll prolly fit in pretty well here. comming from a family of lifelong yota drivers and having spent too much time with VW's i dont think you'll be going anywhere! ;)

Sold Audi A3 for FJC. I still have a '77 Rabbit and a '81 Rabbit truck.:cheers:

I have a soft spot in my heart for the old VWs. My first car was a '78 VW Dasher diesel. Remember those? And I...uh...became a man...in the back of an Audi 5000. :)

...n'uther VW driver

Us, too! ...Though we still have our Jetta as our commuter ride. The FJ crowd seems to almost be as fanatical re: their autos as the old VW groups were. Good thing! We need all the help we can get!

Welcome to the family! A'la Familia!

Us, too! ...Though we still have our Jetta as our commuter ride. The FJ crowd seems to almost be as fanatical re: their autos as the old VW groups were. Good thing! We need all the help we can get!

Welcome to the family! A'la Familia!

the upside about owning an FJc as opposed to a VW is that you dont really need a tool kit packed in your trunk to get from here to there ;)

the upside about owning an FJc as opposed to a VW is that you dont really need a tool kit packed in your trunk to get from here to there ;)
No doubt! I'm looking fwd to some good ol' Toyota reliablility and having a car built on worldwide metrics standards (vs. VW's "Hmmm...I think we should make a special tool for fixing everything on this car" approach).

Another VW person here. Sold Audi A3 for FJC. I still have a '77 Rabbit and a '81 Rabbit truck.:cheers:
AAhhh yeah, the Dasher! I had to use the exhaust manifold for my VW Fox w, GTI head for use of bigger valves! I had a '90 Audi 90 20v, '86 Audi 4000, Audi A3, '86 QSW (lifted) and other VWs.

:cheers:
IMG_4235.JPG

can't let go of the VWs, however!

Glad to see so many folks are also/former VW cats! My FJ sits right next to my all-orig. '74 Thing (I've had since '85). My 2nd owner '63 beetle gets driven every week. I bought the FJ to introduce civility and of course security to my family for Owyhee Mtn. excursions...
Every garage should have this choice. I do miss my GTIs, though- four discs and 100 mph for under a grand!

Next stop- Street Beat so I can open the roof for a more thing-like experience!

brad

Hey guys Im new to all of this, my FJ rolls off the dealership on Saturday and I used to drive a Volkswagen, so as you can see this is a small change for me. Cant wait to jump in on the mud so keep me posted on future events around here!

Again, Welcome!:flipoff2: Where are you located, "around here" could be anywhere.

Glad to see so many folks are also/former VW cats! My FJ sits right next to my all-orig. '74 Thing (I've had since '85). My 2nd owner '63 beetle gets driven every week. I bought the FJ to introduce civility and of course security to my family for Owyhee Mtn. excursions...
Every garage should have this choice. I do miss my GTIs, though- four discs and 100 mph for under a grand!

Next stop- Street Beat so I can open the roof for a more thing-like experience!

brad

Here's what currently sits in my garage.

IMG_7771.JPG

IMG_7773.JPG

First post here!

I've started looking into the FJ's recently. I've only driven small cars before (6 years with a new beetle). I'm considering making the jump but I'm still kind of hesitiant at the idea of driving something that much bigger than I'm used to. Can anyone offer some insight as to the transtition? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

-Chris

First post here!

I've started looking into the FJ's recently. I've only driven small cars before (6 years with a new beetle). I'm considering making the jump but I'm still kind of hesitiant at the idea of driving something that much bigger than I'm used to. Can anyone offer some insight as to the transtition? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

-Chris
Test drive first . I am happy with my FJ so far. I had a Golf and its a big change. Just like anything you get used to it. The reason I changed is I wanted something with more room and something that would kick butt off-road. I hope that helps .

First post here!

Thanks.

-Chris

just be prepared to drive with blind spots... theres only a couple, but they're killers, so if you're not a cautious and careful driver 99-100% of the time (or if you're a male under 25) it may not be the truck for you. the gasmilage isint what you would be proud of the first 5000 miles either, but that will loosen up. of course it wont be *quite* as car like as a traditional car, but for an SUV its quite nimble. as mentioned Test Drive it. the only thing i can say from experience is taht you pretty much need to love the truck befire you sit in it if you're comming from a beetle. the difference in visibility is astonishing :eek: that car has a very large greenhouse and the FJ is almost like a bunker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom