Turbocharged shorty & 45 troopy tourer from downunder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'day guys just joined the site and thought I'd intrduce my trucks.
The shorty is a 77 with a SOA, raised leaf, fat roll bar and assorted crushing injuries. The engine is internally stock 2F with gas head. I have completly removed the carbie and fitted a large Garret turbo from a army issue unimog that flows 8psi through a 200sx Nissan intercooler thats topmounted with a Hornet scoop.Stainless steel piping feeds glorious compressed air through a airrod gas injector ring coupled with a XF Ford 3" throttle body. Still a work in progress but Boost + jacked up cruiser = wheelstands!
My tourer is a 72 ute converted into a troopy. I wish I could claim to have done the conversion but it was purchased troopified. Well setup for the big trips it has custom full length draws and cupboards, 2 under floor 40lt water tanks, custom dashboard with hidden rifle holder, dashboard mounted laptop computer intergrated with sound system + internet accsess, custom raised roof with console and storage cupboards, 2" suspension lift with custom greasable shackles, 33" mudders and the list goes on......

Sorry I'll add some pics as soon as this thing lets Me.

Has anyone else out there turbocharged or supercharged a 2F cruiser??? Would love to see it.

I'd love to see your setups, those two sound wicked. If you have any video of the wheelstands, i'm sure everyone would dig that too.
Welcome to Mud, and hope to be seeing some pics of your rigs soon.
If you have any problems posting your pics you can email me the packet and i'll post em' for ya. Tlcruiser66@aol.com

Kevin

Let's see some engine pics of the 40. Sounds like a slick conversion.

You are telling us that you can pull the front end off the ground with a 2F..

Color me skeptical...

You are telling us that you can pull the front end off the ground with a 2F..

Color me skeptical...
Now that, I gotta see.

Hey guys sorry I hav'nt been on for a while, Im currently travelling outback western Australia and internet reception is a bit s***ty.
This is all I can upload for the moment as it fills my quota.
This is a older pic of the shorty and it still looks pretty rough but I'll do my best to get some more sorted out for your viewing pleasure.

Cheers guys
shorty small pic.JPG

Im getting some more pics of the shorty sent over from home but I do have a heap of touring pics in the troopy that I'll post as soon as I work out how to be able to upload more than 120kb.
cheers

Hi All:

"Crushing Fetish," welcome to MUD! Good to see another International 'Cruiserhead on board. :beer:

If you become a "Silver Star" member (US$20 - AUS$25??) you can post unlimited photos.

Thanks for sharing your rigs with us!

Alan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im getting some more pics of the shorty sent over from home but I do have a heap of touring pics in the troopy that I'll post as soon as I work out how to be able to upload more than 120kb.
cheers

Nice one Matt "Go the Aussie Cruisers".
I'll keep a eye on your buildup.
Im on tour at the moment but will definetly take some more detailed pics when I get home.
Cheers :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom