THE 2007 4 Door FZJ76 photos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How about this great looking 2007 FZJ76 in Saudi Arabia, I like the FZJ76 it reminded me of my 1988 FJ62 when I bought it Brand New from the Toyota dealer back then:cool:

Injoy the photos:D
a1f230eced.jpeg
33e5b6a068.jpeg
f2460aadbe.jpeg

Sweet, looks like they haven't changed much from the firewall back - looks exactly like my '90 78-series. Love those rims and tall skinny tires! The grille design is definitely starting to grow on me.

Fzj76

RIGID AXLES FRONT & REAR, front Coil springs and rear leaf.

It is a Heavy Duty truck, like they used to be in the old days.:D

:cheers:
__1581___1587___1575___1605_3.jpeg

Last edited:
They Are Know Available With Diff Locks

I just came from Saudi Arabia this weekend (the weekend in my country is Wednesday, Thursday & Friday) and I took tons of photos with my DVD Video Camera, but I cod not post the photos here due to the fact that there is no USB connection in my camera but I will go to the photo shop and ask them to translate the photos to a CD Rom so I can down load them to my computer and then to this site.

Anyway, the most impresive thing I saw is that most of the 70 series have DIFFRENTIAL LOCKS on them, and I wish I had the money to buy one that day but I will this year after saving some money.

DIFF LOCKS, I can not resist them at all, I just can not. :crybaby:

Stay tonned I will post the photos soon in the coming few days. :cheers:

More Photos of the Amazing 76

Here they are:)
95f8435efe.jpg
b77b5d1ddf.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to see the V8 Diesel arrive in the region,BUT?

The V 8 is great and I would really like to try it, but have the V8 been tested here in our the Middle East or Africa? you might know that the weather here is too harsh specially in the summer time were tempreture can reach easly way over 60 in the sun, can the V8 stand the weather here and the dust.

Would the V8 Desiel be sucsessful and practical like the 4.2 inline six?

I really would love the above answers would be "YES", becauese I would appreciate the added power and speed over the 4.2 Inline six.

:rolleyes:

I'm not really worried about the temp in the enviroment for V8 engines .. but certanly here in Panamá the Low Sulfur diesel is a issue with this engine .. more concern than temp or dust.

Why is the Low Sulfur Deisel is an issue in your country?

Is it because it is not available?:idea:

Din, Din, Din,Din , Ha ha, Ha ha, Ha ha

I did not understand your (Din din din din din din din din)?:grinpimp: :D :grinpimp: :D :grinpimp: :D :grinpimp: :D :grinpimp: :D :grinpimp: :D :grinpimp: :D :grinpimp:

hey all,
had a ride in the 2007 76 series today, the deisel V8 4500 d-4-d turbo intercooled 151kw. what an awesome truck, the motor had a great rumble from 2500rpm thru to 4000-4500rpm cant wait for the price?

The V 8 is great and I would really like to try it, but have the V8 been tested here in our the Middle East or Africa? you might know that the weather here is too harsh specially in the summer time were tempreture can reach easly way over 60 in the sun, can the V8 stand the weather here and the dust.

Would the V8 Desiel be sucsessful and practical like the 4.2 inline six?

I really would love the above answers would be "YES", becauese I would appreciate the added power and speed over the 4.2 Inline six.

:rolleyes:

Hi LC Lover, just found your awesome shots of the new V8. Traded my old 75 in October for a new 79, to find out 2 weeks later that the new V8 was coming. Have been waiting 6 months for it, and had no 4WD, so its not been a easy 6 months!!. I see in your photos that there is a cab & chassis model beside the 5 door. Wondered if you had any photos of it. Not sure if the model we get here (GLX) is available in the Middle East? I share your comments re the new engine. However I would suggest that Mr Toyota would have been pretty careful. The 70 series is used in the most out of the way places world wide, so he would make sure the new V8 was upto it. Also its the same engine that will be in the new 200 series ( replaces the old 100) and that trucks reputation is about as big as the 70 series. He could not afford to get it wrong. You go for that new model, I have.
icon7.gif
icon14.gif

The FZJ70's series

Hi all,

"JAC83" I will post some photos for the interior soon, but I would like to let you know that the 2007 is 100% the same as the 2006 model, nothing changed.

"Welby" the GLX is not available yet I have to go to my friend, the Manager of the Main Toyota showroom in Kuwait to ask him about it, but my expectations that it will not be this year 2007, maybe leter after 2008 or 2009, or never, Ireally do not know yet.

I would buy one V8 70 series if they are available, but believe me the 4.2 is great and reliable and known for its longivity. Acually in my country the 4500EFI Petrol engine is every were even on the 100 series.

In QATAR, they make a special fitment of the 4700EFI Petrol engine in the 70 series, particularly the 79 and 71, they fir the 100 series 4700 EFI in the official TOYOTA dealer as a dealer option, they are very fast, past 200km an hour(120 miles per hour).

We have to wait and see what happens.

You can see my other threads for the 79 & 71, for more pics on the the shorty FZJ71 and the great FZJ79 series.

Thank you all for your great comments.

Take care all

Hi all,

"JAC83" I will post some photos for the interior soon, but I would like to let you know that the 2007 is 100% the same as the 2006 model, nothing changed.

"Welby" the GLX is not available yet I have to go to my friend, the Manager of the Main Toyota showroom in Kuwait to ask him about it, but my expectations that it will not be this year 2007, maybe leter after 2008 or 2009, or never, Ireally do not know yet.

I would buy one V8 70 series if they are available, but believe me the 4.2 is great and reliable and known for its longivity. Acually in my country the 4500EFI Petrol engine is every were even on the 100 series.

In QATAR, they make a special fitment of the 4700EFI Petrol engine in the 70 series, particularly the 79 and 71, they fir the 100 series 4700 EFI in the official TOYOTA dealer as a dealer option, they are very fast, past 200km an hour(120 miles per hour).

We have to wait and see what happens.

You can see my other threads for the 79 & 71, for more pics on the the shorty FZJ71 and the great FZJ79 series.

Thank you all for your great comments.

Take care all

Sounds like we are only getting the V8, the old straight 6 has gone. You are right about the longevity, my 75 had 250,000 when I traded it, and it was still going really well. Was lining up for thre 79, but Mr Toyota bet me too it!!. We are getting 4 models here. The basic cab/chassis, we dont get the wellside that you show in your pictures. a 3 door station wagon ( Troopie) and a 5 door station wagon and the "GLX". Cab chassis, but has carpet, power windows, mag wheels, electric windows, basically the same as the upmarket turbo 79 series. Mr Toyota tells me the V8s are the same as the 79 series from the windscreen back. The chassis etc is the same. Only changes are panels tgrack and of course that mighty V8. Most cruisers hee are deisel, better range and suit our geography. Some of the hills off road are pretty steep, the deisels seem to climb better. Not that I have had a modern petrol 4WD to compare. Last big petrol 4 WD I drove was a 60 series wagon in the late 1970s. Bit of luck you might see the GLX this year.

Diesel Vs. Petrol

Hi, I am really thinking of buying a Diesel 70 series, but the problem people say in Saudi Arabia and here in Kuwait that the Diesel is very slow on the highway, it is very difficult to pass cars with it, and it has a very high price service including the parts price.

What made me think of buying a Diesel 70 series is the good fuel economy that is very encoriging in my opinion, specially the double tank 70 series (90 Ltrs + 90 Ltrs).

In the Gueness book of record, the highest driven car or truck is the HZJ79 with the 4.2 Diesel engine, as the book says it gave a 2090 kilo meters on I think 100 Klm speed. THAT IS FOR ME VERY EMPRESSIVE record.

On the other hand some one told me in Suadi Arabia that he tried the diesel and disliked it due to the low power. Others told me that in the Dunes the Petrol 240HP 4500EFI engine is the best, and the 4.2 will not match the performance of the 4500EFI.

Others also told that I will have problem with hard starts in cold weather, and that they had to use Petrol in a piece of spung to put it I think in the air intake in order to start it.

Also from my experience with the 4500EFI that under High Speed (160+ Kilometers) the Double tank will give about only 600 - 700 Kilometers, and thats very costly specially when you are traveling for long distants

So what are you suggestion on this subject.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom