Coastal Cruiser Meeting Thursday March 8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Heads up! Club meeting coming up this Thursday. As usual meet for supper at 6:00 at Golden Spike. Meeting at 7:45 or so.
-Lots of decisions re Cruiser Days to be hashed out.
-Planing for upcoming wheeling trips.
-Raffle with $150. in prizes.
-Many people owe 2007 CC dues. Please bring to meeting.
-Dancing redhead strippers. BE THERE!!

~Bill

Last edited:
I have 3 of the new March/April Toyota Trails mag for the first 3 new Coastal Cruiser members to sign up. Be the first to get this great issue!
~Bill

Last edited:
Hey Bill, how often are we supposed to receive the Trails issues? I haven't had one mailed to me since I think October or November.

Hey Bill, how often are we supposed to receive the Trails issues? I haven't had one mailed to me since I think October or November.

I have not seen one since the one with Bill's write up..

Edit - looks like March/April issue will be showing up any day now... US started getting theres yesterday

Last edited:
Well the last issue was the Jan/Feb one with Dan M's flaming baton walk picture on page 1. You should have got that ages ago if you are an up-to-date member of TLCA. If you didn't get yours, I would contact the TLCA website at www.tlca.org or email Jennifer Lorincz at tlcaadmin@fuse.net If you are a brand new TLCA member, sometimes it takes a while to get these things sorted out. I think I have a Jan/Feb issue here if you missed yours.
This new issue for March/April will be mailed to most people within a couple of weeks. I get complimentary copies couriered to me for promotional purposes.
~Bill

Last edited:
I just joined TLCA yesterday.

See ya all Thursday.

How long does it take for this to be issued and is it issued via email?

It takes a few weeks for them to mail you your starter package, with the ID #.
Cheers,
Deny

We plan on being there tonight with the FJ55 turbo-diesel! Probably the last meeting for me for quite awhile.

COASTAL CRUISER MEETING MARCH 8,2006

We met for grub at the Golden Spike on a pay-for-view Canuck game vs. the Avalanche. What pandemonium! Especially when Canucks scored and with the beers going for a dollar with all that hollering, sirens and yahoos. Incidentally, Dan M was parked in the Spike parking lot two weeks ago and his truck was broken into.

The meeting started at 7:50 with 25 members present. In alphabetical order, but not necessarily the best looking were: Mel C, Garr C, Marcin C, Robert C, Craig E, Drew E, Chris H, Wayne I, Paul K, Rod McD, Malcolm M, Dan Martz, Rob M, Steve P, Barry P, Mat R, Kim R, Martin S, Gary T, Steve T, Justin VanT, Greg VanT, Rob M (Sopal), Dan Mageau, and Bill Wilkinson.
Guests: Paul Steinblock, Petra & Richard W.

Welcome new member Dan Mageau, from Squamish, who drives a ’97 FZJ 80. That’s the third member now from Squamish.

First item was a reminder that 11 members now owe their CC dues for this year. Please make an effort to take care of that, as we are burning through the $$ for Cruiser Days rentals, big Cruiser Day raffle prizes, Charity, and eventually the Christmas party with big prizes there too. Also, make sure your TLCA dues are up to date as well. If you are too busy, give the cash to Bill Wilkinson and he will do the paperwork and forward it to the TLCA for you.

- Next item was the “Going Coastal” Cruiser Days preparation. It was definitely decided to hold Cruiser Days this year on August 11 at Deas Island Park. This park is located at the south end of the Deas Island Tunnel and is accessible from River Road. Some of us have traveled through the tunnel hundreds of times and never realized there was such an outstanding park right there! It is a drop-dead lovely location with everything you could imagine: numerous well-developed family hiking trails, shade trees, outhouses, playing field, covered picnic area, boating facilities, horseback riding facilities, boat watching on the river, bird watching, fishing, photography, and even a great campsite although we do NOT plan on camping at this park. Those with cottonwood allergies please remember to take your anti-histamines. Rob M will be the MC again this year, and we hope to get the Lion’s Service Club to offer hot dogs, etc.
We want to boost attendance this year, so we need EVERY CC member to spread the word and promote this event by posting at least one poster somewhere and also volunteering to help out in some way to help make this a success. After Cruiser Day is over, some will carry on to Stave Lake or somewhere close, and camp for the night and meet up with other wheelers on Sunday morning to probably go to Chehalis Lake. More details will be posted here on Mud over then next few months.

-Spring Wheeling: There will be a wheeling trip in April, probably led by Dan Martz.
The May Long Weekend trip will be to Big Bar this year.

The raffle was the last item and hearty thanks for contributions from Marcin (map disk and safety harness), Matt R (Computer bag), and Sopal (steering wheel Club).
First prize went to Mat R for the hold-down strap set. Craig E walked with the battery charger. Dan Martz got the Club for the Spike parking lot. Steve P got the safety belt, Sopal took the DVD player, Drew E the Zap Straps, Marcin the screwdriver set, and Bill W took the computer bag, map CD, and light bulbs.

The meeting broke up about 10:00 while hard core members hung on at least until 11:00 or until Steve kicked them out. As usual, Port Moody was shut down and the sidewalks rolled up, except for the pub and the shunting freight trains. Members dispersed in all directions, content in getting their monthly “Cruiser Fix” of gossip, tech info and social encounters with like-minded gear heads.

~Bill W

will somebody be posting a map and direction to the location closer to the date of the show?

Mike, I am in Abby. If you want to car-pool to the next one, you can come with me in my truck. Only problem is you're gonna have to arrive in a Nissan Safari.:D Or, you can follow me there. Cheers, John

Hey Bill,thought we had talked about a lake around Meritt, Roche Lake? For the May Long.

Last edited:
Whoops! Did I goof? I know we talked about Roche Lake but I thought that somebody was going to check it out and get back....Then Steve nodded that it was Big Bar...
~Bill

I will be doing some work in the South Kelowna area this weekend, unless it get cancelled, if I have the time I will swing by to check the conditions. Also there is dieselDaryl in Kelowna, we can always ask him about the areas and invite him on the trip if he's interested.

I apprechiate the offer to ride in the safari but I will likely take my own truck in...but I wouldn't mind following you, but we can figure that out closer to the date...we have a few monthes yet

I will be doing some work in the South Kelowna area this weekend, unless it get cancelled, if I have the time I will swing by to check the conditions. Also there is dieselDaryl in Kelowna, we can always ask him about the areas and invite him on the trip if he's interested.

Job got cancelled, I'm staying here for the time being. I'm quoting myself, weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom