Wanted: NATO jerry can spout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cbmontgo

SILVER Star
Threads
I know this might need to be in the "wanted" section, but I figured this may be a more likely place to find one as camping gear...

I need a spout (or two) for the NATO-style jerry cans. Anyone got one?

I have thought about ordering there, but they don't tell you how much shipping is until after they take your credit card. Are they reputable? They have some awesome stuff...

The Wedco cans have a slightly larger vent than the NATO cans. The vent fitting in the Wedco spout will not fit the NATO cans. Sometimes you can crimp the spout side of the connection and stretch the can side to get them to fit together. Sometimes it's just to much difference.

Mark...

The Wedco cans have a slightly larger vent than the NATO cans. The vent fitting in the Wedco spout will not fit the NATO cans. Sometimes you can crimp the spout side of the connection and stretch the can side to get them to fit together. Sometimes it's just to much difference.

Mark...

Mark

So If I ordered the spout for the H2o can (from expedition exchange) and used it on my Swiss Cans it wouldn't work then??

edit: yes I'm in CA

Officially, no. You'll notice that most places that sell the Wedco stuff make a point of stating that the spout will only fit their cans. In fact they will , EXCEPT for the vent. Out of about 8 NATO cans that I have here, I was able to make the Wedco spout fit 3 or four of them. If I was to revisit the situation and use a bit more persuasion on the vents in the cans I might be able to make it fit the rest.Maybe. I've considered instead, cutting the vent on the spout a bit short and putting an adapter on it.

But I don't use these cans much (I prefer my mil-spec Scepter cans) , so I have not put much effort into this.

Mark...

Are you in a hurry or does it have a few weeks time?

I can get them here in germany easily and hand them to a mudmember next week, if he contacts me.

Are you in a hurry or does it have a few weeks time?

I can get them here in germany easily and hand them to a mudmember next week, if he contacts me.

If you can do this, I think a number of us, especially in Cali, would be interested. The nozzles I bought from surplus vendors here don't really vent and are very poor quality. I'd be interested in 3 of them and would pay a premium for your troubles.

If you can do this, I think a number of us, especially in Cali, would be interested. The nozzles I bought from surplus vendors here don't really vent and are very poor quality. I'd be interested in 3 of them and would pay a premium for your troubles.

X2 I'd take two or three as well..

The original german army pouring spout has a flexible 3cm diameter pipe, does that fit to the vehicles you may use it for?

stutzenrc6.jpg

They are unused but have some slight corosion from lying in stock.

Last edited:
The original german army pouring spout has a flexible 3cm diameter pipe, does that fit to the vehicles you may use it for?

stutzenrc6.jpg

They are unused but have some slight corosion from lying in stock.

Not without some modification but that can be arranged :)

The ones I have don't have a vent..it take 10 minutes to drain a 20 liter can. If it this works out and both yzftaco and I buy some I'd be willing to receive his shipment and relay them.

So do these have a vent in them?

I'm going to have to check to see if the 40's filler is that big...

I will head to the shop this week and get some of them in my hands and take better pictures.
If things work well i will meet up with a mud member from MD this week, i will ask him to take some back to the US and send them out to you.
In June i could bring more of them to rubithon, spend some for the raffle and leave some in the hands of a cruiserhead. ;)

what the heck, I'll take two..

Contacted the surplus store around the corner where i usually get things but he doesnt carry them. :(

I could get some within a few weeks and bring them to rubithon in june if youre not in a hurry, i keep you updated.

Just to update, I did buy the spout from Expedition Exchange last week. I had never heard (at that time) that these do not fit the NATO cans very well; I wish I had run this thread a week ealier.

I own 2 of the NATO jerry cans, and it fits one perfectly, but the other one is going to need some work to get it to fit. It is the vent that is the problem. The vent pipe on the spout is a tiny bit wider than the vent pipe on the jerry can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom