Air Compressor Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Besides filling tires, what else could I run with a compressor rated at 3.7 cfm @ 40 psi. & 2.6 cfm @ 90 psi (125 psi max)?

Riley

That MIGHT be enough to get one lugnut off before you wait for the tank to refill.

what could I run with a compressor rated at 3.7 cfm @ 40 psi. & 2.6 cfm @ 90 psi (125 psi max)? Riley

A small airbrush set up for painting model cars....

My loving :princess: thought I would like an air compressor for X-Mas and bought one at Target (yes, Target). It is a sweet Dura-something and I just had to smile and say "that is perfect, thanks so much". She did only spend $74.00 on the thing and it does air up all of tires on the LC with one full tank.

I guess I won't be buying any impact wrenches until I get a man size compressor.

Thanks for the input.

Riley

blow up tubes for sledding. blow up floatation bags for white water canoeing, blow up...you get the idea....

That's enough to run a framing nailer (or any other smaller nailer for that matter).

A blower nozzle is cheap and is often the most valuable use of a compressed air source.

I got by for a long time with just a cheap little compressor. Not good for impact wrenches and useless for the die grinder, but I ran air shears, air ratchets, and other smaller stuff. I'd just roll it outside so it wouldn't bug me as much when it was running nonstop. It leaked oil from the day I brought it home and after a while I stopped refilling it. That damn thing ran for 2 more years before the connecting rod grenaded inside the crankcase while I was trying to put 100psi in the church bus's tires. The satisfaction from viewing the ensuing carnage was better than any use I ever got out of it. :D

Is that a 12volt? I think my ABS 480 compressor has better specs than that and it mounted under my hood?

It is a regular plug in the wall unit. Basically, think Harbor Freight...

What I really want to find is a simple 3/8" air ratchet to run nuts and bolts in and out (probably not break them loose, but just save wrench turning time).

Riley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom