Piezo factory alarm chirper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It does look like that but I went to the shack and picked up one from there that seemed to work perfectly cost a few bucks.

I simply left everything conencted spliced the wires and soddered it in.

Since its not sending it any current just sitting there you should not need to disconnect the battery.

cheers!

I'll be happy to hear my stock one work on a consistent basis! Everything on the alarm system works but the chirper doesn't always "speak up"....

I'll be happy to hear my stock one work on a consistent basis! Everything on the alarm system works but the chirper doesn't always "speak up"....

x2 on both the LX and the FZJ80. And it seems to be random and not attributable to anything (i.e. cold weather). While we're at it, can I add to the wish list an alarm remote that works from farther away than 5 feet? :D

While we're at it, can I add to the wish list an alarm remote that works from farther away than 5 feet? :D

Hold the alarm remote up to your chin for a range of more like 20+ feet.

Just got my rig yesterday and realized the piezo was kaput :frown:

I noticed it before, but thought it was in the programming....

After a quick program check, it wouldn't beep, so I yanked one out of a newer Tundra complete with plug and wired it in ;p

Now when it craps out again, I won't have to cut and splice, just unplug the old and plug in the new :)

Is this the right piezo to replace the OEM one? Also do I need to disconnect the battery to install the new one in?

http://www.floydbell.com/files/m80_specs/M-80W.pdf

Thank you

From what I can recall, that looks close to the factory piezo I ordered from CDan (PN 08192-12921). It was $22 but well worth it because of the connectors. I hate splicing. I did not disconnect the battery. Although if it requires splicing and open wires, I would disconnect the bat.

Last edited:
From what I can recall, that looks close to the factory piezo I ordered from CDan (PN 08192-12921). It was $22 but well worth it because of the connectors. I hate splicing. I did not disconnect the battery. Although if it requires splicing and open wires, I would disconnect the bat.

Connectors are many times better than splicing. I just found a hot wire in my windows switch caused by a splice that had become a touch loose with time and was arching.

Kalawang

After a year of watching my side marker lights for indications of lock and unlock, I decided to use the search function and research. I decided that after several times of walking back and forth to make sure the cruiser was really locked, I ordered a factory Toyota replacement for a little over $20.00 and installed it last week.

It has worked great every time and I didnt realize how much easier it is to depend on the audible as I am walking away.

I suggest stop "living with it" like I did for too long and treat yourself to an inexpensive repair. :cool:

After a year of watching my side marker lights for indications of lock and unlock, I decided to use the search function and research. I decided that after several times of walking back and forth to make sure the cruiser was really locked, I ordered a factory Toyota replacement for a little over $20.00 and installed it last week.

It has worked great every time and I didnt realize how much easier it is to depend on the audible as I am walking away.

I suggest stop "living with it" like I did for too long and treat yourself to an inexpensive repair. :cool:

I still grab my handles each time to make sure it's locked, even with a new piezo :meh:

x2 on both the LX and the FZJ80. And it seems to be random and not attributable to anything (i.e. cold weather). While we're at it, can I add to the wish list an alarm remote that works from farther away than 5 feet? :D

do the grey wire mod and youll be happy again. I can unlock my truck from 50 feet away now (factory alarm) only takes 5 min

Does the factory alarm on a 1993 Cruiser have a piezo chirper if not can one be added? Where is it located? It sucks having to count on the marker lights to confirm that I armed it.

I got the radio shack one as well. Works like a champ.

The Piezo Is Working But Still No Sound When Arm/Disarm

Dear friends,
I am newbui here sorry if I open this old thread again.

My Toyota using RS3000 security system and I have confirm it by setting the Piezo Operation Mode to ON (in hope every time I ARM/DISARM I get the audible indicator). But there is still no sound from the Piezzo.

I have remove the piezzo and (male connector) manually connect it directly to my acr's battery and it's sound loud and clear, so the piezzo is OK.

So using voltmeter I try to measure/check the voltage on the female connector and ARM/DISARM the remote, but notice no detection of any voltage, seem no power run on it (logically should be 12v/once for ARM and 12v 12v / twice for DISARM).

Any clue to fix this problem ? Some may suggest to replace the remote battery, is there any connection to resolve this ?

Thank yo so much

How to test factory alarm???

I have the factory alarm horn under the hood but don't know if the alarm works. Had the LC for about 3 years. Never had a remote. I originally planned on installing an aftermarket alarm, but it would be nice if the OEM alarm still works & I get a remote cheap. Is there a way to test the factory alarm without a remote? Aftermarket alarms often have a button that can be hidden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom