Fit question on 295/75/R16s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 02 TLC locked and loaded. I just got new tires and moved up in size from some 285s, now am running 295-75-16's.

Well I would figure that on the trail a certain amount of rubbing would be expected but am not sure so I am asking the experts out here.

1. How much rubbing can I expect on the road? (None I suspect, haven't felt any at all yet)

2. How much rubbing on the trail? Buddies are taking me to Moab at the end of May for the first time.

3. What kind of lift is available? ( inexpensive and enough to clear the tires)

4. Anyone have a used lift or ????

Thanks - Cruiser#5

Do a search on Old Man Emu.(OME):cool:

The link to Slee off road is in the FAQ section along with how too on the install in the FAQ section regarding the lift and is great stuff and with pictures.
If you plan to wheel the thing with 95's, perhaps the lift is a good choice.

295s....

I'll post some photos up this weekend. Since I just got them I don't have it yet. They look cool but that doesn't mean much if I get too much rub offroad. I measured it tonight and it's mostly 3 1/2" clearance, and up front there is one spot where it's looking like 2 1/2" in one small section. Any way, photos this weekend It does look sweet.

You won't get any rub with 295's and an OME lift on the road or off. I've been running them for about a year and a half and they fit very well in all situations.

Adding photos to posts

Alright, admitted rookie. I was going to post some photos of the new tires on my TLC. Do I need to post them on some other site and then cut/paste the URL into this reply at IH8MUD.com? Sorry - first time for everything. Thanks. -shearne

And thank you everybody for the feedback. Sounds like the 295s will run just fine on my rig.

Posting pics. Anybody with experience here chime in for shearne.
I believe you look click on Go Advanced posts, then the paperclip, then search your computer and upload. However, since I'm also a rookie...not sure. Haven't posted up a pic yet either. Sure would like to see your 295's on your 100.

Hey,Don't let this post die. Lets see the pics:mad:

With no lift, they will rub when the steering wheel is full over and going up a curb.

Did you put lockers in the front and rear, or are you just referring to the CDL?

As far as pix...

Scroll down to "Attach Files"

Manage Attachments.

With no lift, they will rub when the steering wheel is full over and going up a curb.
A wheel spacer or simply adjusting the turn stops could possibly eliminate this type of rubbing.

Photos of the 2002 with 295 BFGs

OK, thanks for the tips and suggestions. here we go... first time photo postings.

Last edited:
Photo attempt #2

Here they are I think... tight fit but no rub at all on the road, and I haven't had any up and down curbs yet. Taking it to Moab this summer and looking forward to that. I'll get some dirt time this month and let y'all know if I see any rub.
P1010062.jpg
P1010063.jpg
P1010059.jpg

Looks great! Now it's time for an OME and t-bars!

I love the way it looks, you opted to go the route of bigger tires before the lift,suspension upgrades from what I gather???, and have found there is no real rubbing so far with 295/75'?
I think most here run the 285's and a few like Macneill run 305's.
I will be very interested in hearing how they go after a while. If you like it I will use 295's, I would like to go with 305's but not sure if i can do it.
Macneill do you have a lift or aother mods to allow for that size tire?

dont forget shotts with his 315s!!!!!

Shearne, truck looks good! Did you notice any difference between 295 and 285?

Macneill do you have a lift or aother mods to allow for that size tire?

I've got an OME 865, T-Bars and Slee Diff Drop.

I had rubbing before I cranked the T-bars. Now it's fine.

The 315s are the monsters. Just look at Hoser's rig!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom