Dimensional pattern for factory soft top frame? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know of a dimensional pattern (ie blueprint) for the factory soft top frame?

Best I can do at the moment, unless you have a more specific request.

frontbow.jpg

rearbow.jpg

midbow.jpg

rearbottom%20copy.jpg

Wow! That's 'zactly what I needed! Thanks!

What is the diameter of the main hoop tubes? Are the additional pieces the same diameter?

Oh, and do you have a side view and dimensions of the flat filler piece behind the door?

The tube is 25.4 mm or 1 inch OD, .0625 wall throughout the tubular parts.

What "filler piece" behind the door? You mean the stamped part of the front bow?

Yes, the stamped sheetmetal piece that fills in behind the door. It's obvious the leading edge fits the door edge, but are the door edges the same for the soft doors as well as the hard doors? And how wide is the piece, front to rear? How does the top vertical edge attach to it?

Whew, the more I think about it, the more questions I have.

Interesting the tubing diameter is in inches. I wudda thought it would be metric tubing.

Thanks again for the help.

It's obvious the leading edge fits the door edge, but are the door edges the same for the soft doors as well as the hard doors?

Hard doors and soft doors work the same with hard tops and the soft top bows.

And how wide is the piece, front to rear?

3.5 inch at the upper part and 2.5 inch at the lower part, not including the fabric retaining channel, which is half inch.

How does the top vertical edge attach to it?

Top vertical edge of what attached to what?

Hey Brian, Did you buy a soft top or just looking?
B.T.W., ED's muffler fixed my exhaust flange for 30 bucks. Welded a whole new flange on (about 6 inch piece)

wicked pictures, thanks for taking the time to do this, i'm sure lots of people will benefit from it.

Pin_Head, looks like you are about to start making these? :grinpimp:

How much? :)

Actually, I used to make them and got out of it when the Pakistani tops came out. I recently sold off all my extra pieces and needed to make some measurements of the other parts for the buyers.

It is not too hard to make them out of junk hard top sides.

That is excellent, I am trying to piece my hacked soft top bows back into shape this will defentily help.

Another question, is there a 2nd smaller peg on the bottom of the door surrounds? I have a large hole for the 1in tube and then a smaller one off to the side in my rear door post, is this hole used?

Hey Brian, Did you buy a soft top or just looking?
B.T.W., ED's muffler fixed my exhaust flange for 30 bucks. Welded a whole new flange on (about 6 inch piece)

I wouldn't mind having a soft top frame. I could run a family top on it during the summer when I want. And a soft top would allow me to take the hard top off earlier in the year, and leave it on latter, since the soft top is easier to put on and off. Right now, though, I'm just kicking ideas around. I know the Paki's make tops and frames, but geez, they really need to do something about their slow delivery.

Told ya that whole end would have to be whacked and replaced. Surprised you got away that cheap fom Ed's. They are spendy.

Trick

Surprised you got away that cheap fom Ed's. They are spendy.

I showed him some plumbers crack, I think he's a bit fruity ya know!
Just kidding, He's worked with me in the past on prices. I guess he isn't so cold blooded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom