Hamom (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well its not a true HAMOM but I am looking for some help when I do the axle swap. The current date is 3/17/07 thats a saturday. Steve has already graciously volunteered some of his time. Hoping a couple others might chime in as well. As is the HAMOM custom there will be some beverages throughout the day and grilling at the midpoint or end of the day. So anyone interested in a little wrenching and a little socializing post up so I can account for you in food and drinks.

Directions - Address is 100 Regency Dr Central, SC 29630 and its apt 21 heatherwood place
Coming off 123 take the isaqueena dr exit, turn right and go approx. 1.5 miles turn right into heatherwood place
Coming from 85 take exit 19-b toward clemson on 76, after reaching clemson turn right onto 93 and go approx 2.5 miles, after passing the ingles on your right take the next right onto isaqueena dr, then an immediate left into heatherwood place

Agenda - Remove current front axle from fj55, Remove spring hangers and install new spring hangers out approx 1.5" on each side and reverse for shackle reversal, Place fj60 axle under cruiser and position weld on new spring perches, Bolt on axle, Reattach all steering components, Attach brake lines, Adjust/bleed brakes, Test drive

Sorry Richard, can't make it but will be with you in Sprit?*%^$#@

Yeah I'm doing St. Patty's party the night before. The early work will be done quite hungover.

I had every intention of doing so. Sundays were made for laying in bed and drinking water all day to recover.

Well all the parts are coming in for next weekend. Only thing left is to get a brake line thats missing and for Matt to get the calipers to me. Gonna work on cleaning the axle up some this weekend so everything is ready to go.

Last edited:
I've got a lot of work to do if I am going to drive my Piggie down. I'm ripping parts off left and right! I sometimes get carried away...

Thread hijack (sorta) what type of paint and process did you use to roll on your paint job?

Just rattle can primer and made sure it was good and clean before rolling on the Durabak. Its holding up well so far.

So I am in a mad scramble tonight to get my Pig in shape enough to drive in the morning. I got all the major body pieces back on (took several hours), put the key in the ignition, turned, and no go. I thought the battery might be dead so I hooked up jumper cables and nothing...dangit...

Battery ground wire....no juice, no go.

Battery ground wire....no juice, no go.

Ground is grounded as grounded gets. I never messed with it but checked it just to be sure. All I can guess is that something got left on while my Piggie sat for two weeks w/o being driven. The only thing it could be is the radio - CB was off, lights were off...and I didn't mess with anything during those two weeks besides unhooking the winch and removing body pieces...:censor::censor::censor::censor::censor:

Hmmmm well I suck with electrical but if everything is as you say it may just be a super dead battery. Either way your expected here around 9 no excuses. I'm heading downtown for some :beer: see you in the am.

Excellent day of work today and it was a full day 9am til dark by the time the cleanup was done. Started with teardown, then lots of fab work getting the hangers ready, then a little work getting the axle back under springs in place etc. I'd say its about 85-90% done now. Things left to do include wait for last brake line to arrive, weld spring perches in place, install calipers, bleed brakes, reattach front drive shaft. Probably do some of that tomorrow and some monday. Thanks a ton to Steve for being here all day and helping out with whatever was needed no glory work just lots of grunting and banging and getting stuff done, its good people like him that make UC what it is. I definitely owe you a couple :beer:. You can see what got done in this writeup https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=143845

Just got home - it was a good day. Time for a shower, beer, and food - beer first though. We got a good bit done and had a pretty good time. The UC Pigs are coming back to life!

Congrats on projects completed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom