storage for your doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What tips do you guys (gals) have for storing your rig's doors. Please dont tell me to wrap them in an old blanket and lean them against the wall:rolleyes: . Other than that I'm open to any other suggestions:D

Do you have rafters in your garage? Make a platform for them to rest on up there.

rest them on 2x4 and stuff them in the corner of the garage with a tarp on them.

notice i didnt say blanket. ;)

Havent pulled mine off yet,
planning on rolling down the glass and using ladder hooks mounted to the studs in the garage to store them.
Dave

rest them on 2x4 and stuff them in the corner of the garage with a tarp on them.

notice i didnt say blanket. ;)

Please dont tell me to wrap them in an old blanket and lean them against the wall:rolleyes:

Ok...

I pack them, in a device that is used for sleeping with warmth.
And place them on an angle,to have them gently rest on the thing that holds up my ceiling.

[SIZE=+3]Notice, how I did'nt say..."[/SIZE] Please dont tell me to wrap them in an old blanket and lean them against the wall:rolleyes:[SIZE=+3]"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+3];p [/SIZE]

Since its winter, and your not using your pool, store them underwater in your swimming pool. But first, wrap them in a _ _ _ _ _
so it doesn't scatch your pool. Or just lean them together at the top forming a nice tent to protect your dog from the rain (use them while storing)

WTF!, CRWLCOOTIES I know your my best friend:flipoff2: but cr@p you seriously worry me sometimes.......

My cruiser doors spend some nights with me I store the right next to my bed. Other than that I do what poser said hang them in the rafters.

If your garage has a ceiling, mount them flat against it. You could make wood or metal L-brackets to slide the doors into. One L bracket would engage the lower lip (or complete bottom of the door), and the other would take the window "frame". A second set would take care of the other door. Line the edge the door slides against with outdoor carpeting. A couple of step stools, a strong buddy and a six pack would take care of lifting them up and down. I haven't built a set yet, but I intend to set mine up this way come summer.

wrap them in some sort of thick fabric :D then go to your local bicycle shop and get two bike shipping boxes, put them inside, add some silica dessicant packs, tape them up, and put them in a safe place out of the weather.
the ladder hooks or rafters would be good too, but make sure that wherever you put them, they are covered up, so that if you do any work in the shop, especially grinding, the glass and paint are protected.

I got a HEEP catalog today in the mail for another project I have. Anyway while doing so ready while sitting down I found this cool ass rack that holds the HEEP top on its rear widow/back and another rack runs inside with large hoops for the doors to sit in with a basket in front for hardware. Had caster wheels for mobility as well..

Not sure it would work with the much heavier FJ top, but it was cool as s***!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom