Its not a pig, it's a????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does the fj-60 have a cool name like the fj-55 does, "IRON PIG"?

Just wondering since I own one now. It will also help me give mine a personal name.

I've actually heard some fj60 owners refer to thier rigs as "Iron Pigs" which as a previous fj55 owner I can not allow, the 60 is way to cushy to be a pig :D

I just refer to mine as "the truck"... doesn't need a special name, Land Crusier kinda says it all to me.

Some of you might find this funny and/or interesting:

The first commercial that aired in Venezuela when the 60 came out in the early '80s showed a Japanese Samurai warrior doing practice moves with his katana spade while standing on the roof of a moving 60. The vehicle was marketed as "Toyota Samurai" but did not include any badges whatsoever. From there on, the FJ60 has been called "Toyota Samurai"

When the 62 came out, people started calling them "4 faros" (which translates into "four-headlights")

Some of you might find this funny and/or interesting:

The first commercial that aired in Venezuela when the 60 came out in the early '80s showed a Japanese Samurai warrior doing practice moves with his katana spade while standing on the roof of a moving 60. The vehicle was marketed as "Toyota Samurai" but did not include any badges whatsoever. From there on, the FJ60 has been called "Toyota Samurai"

When the 62 came out, people started calling them "4 faros" (which translates into "four-headlights")
dam i must put that 60 front end on my 62:flipoff2:

I always though that the term iron pig referred to land cruisers in general. I call my 62 the iron pig. It started when I first got it, I noticed how well it was built, then I called it the tank. But I herd the name iron pig and it just stuck.

My friend calls it my "Hardcore Antarctic Offroad Soccer Mom Ride," but I haven't ever heard of a common nickname for our beasts.

Slow turd about sums it up.

What about 'the sloth' like the guy from Goonies. Built strong but kind of fugly. Also related to the animal sloth which I believe is the slowest on the planet. They all seem to work for me.

Now I really want to get a picture of Sloth from Goonies and put it in my rear window. Anybody got a source on those???

Last edited:
Mine is just ----THE LAND CRUSHER--- big and heavy but I am kind of fond of the toyota samurai thing since I have built and run a few Suzuki tin tops a couple years ago.

The elephant chaser...Got that nickname when I had my 40 and used to teach tactical police classes at the local academy. Since it was across the bay, the lead instructor used to refer to me as the Foreign exchange instructor and the 40 as the "elephant chaser."

The name stuck when I got the 62. Just add some zebra stripes and instant "DAKTARI!":lol:

My friends used to call my rig the tractor, and since it has a tractor motor, it makes sense.

Samurai sounds much better though!

The gals at work call mine "The Safari Mobile".

I've actually heard some fj60 owners refer to thier rigs as "Iron Pigs" which as a previous fj55 owner I can not allow, the 60 is way to cushy to be a pig :D

I've never owned a 55 but think it's just wrong to call a 60 series an Iron Pig. Nope, just isn't right.

My 62 is Emily, as named by :princess:

i think it kinda looks like a Camels head from the side.

No common nickname. I started calling mine the Land Bruiser shortly after I got it, then just started calling it the Bruiser. I kind of like the sloth thing too though. Funny.

i just call it 'The Cruiser,' or the orgasm wagon (unofficial) ;)

suggestion

"STEEL BOAR"
Has a nice ..... I mean a TOUGH ring to it.

We could start the trend as this is the premier cruiser site!
This could also be result of the beer that has been inbibed today.:beer:

"STEEL BOAR"

:lol: LOL. I like it. Chemically enhancing the state of mind. Some of the best ideas come from this. :cheers:

"STEEL BOAR"

I feel the need for something more origional. i may be wrong but it seems as though that is just replacing the words from 'iron pig' with a synonym and a different animal (yes i know iron and steel are not the same thing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom