Best place to buy shocks??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

what model bilsteins will be best suited for my rig?

I've got 'em on my stock-height 40. I don't know which ones you'd need with a 4" lift. I will say that I'm happy with my CCOT HFS steering stabilizer. I'd probably give their shocks a try if you can't figure out or afford bilsteins. I've also heard that auto parts gabriels are pretty good. I'd stay away from Rancho unless you're going all the way with their adjustable 9000s and all the accessories, but even then probably not.

edit: A thread with Bilstein part #s: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=138962&highlight=bilstein+lift

www.eshocks.com

No one could beat them on price with shipping a year ago. They shipped mine fast and what I ordered. Two time customer and would use again. Can't help you with shocks for your application except use the table on the Website and measure your truck. That is what I did for my SOA. I really like my Bilstein 5100s.

Last edited:
Have you thought about 5125s?
5125s are the generic length 10" 12" 14" travel that have the 255/70 valving, just like the 5150s. So basically there is no difference besides extra oil capacity, between the 5150s and 5125s which are the generic 5100s.

Try shaffers offroad on the board...great service and prices :D

I've got 'em on my stock-height 40. I don't know which ones you'd need with a 4" lift. I will say that I'm happy with my CCOT HFS steering stabilizer. I'd probably give their shocks a try if you can't figure out or afford bilsteins. I've also heard that auto parts gabriels are pretty good. I'd stay away from Rancho unless you're going all the way with their adjustable 9000s and all the accessories, but even then probably not.

Gabriels arent bad?? hmmm I know they stock those at auto zone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom