Portland Or: Suggestions on where to get suspension installs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.infohammer.net
I know there is the sticky link above for mechanics but I thought I'd ask about specific suspension installs. I just purchased a MAF shackle reversal
kit, larger shackles and AAFs and am now looking for someone/someplace to do the install.

Plus if someone on here local would like to make some extra cash and do it, I thought I'd be nice to give someone the chance. If I thought I could get away
with it where I live, I'd try it on my own but, am not going to risk it.

I technically live in Hillsboro, Or.

Makin' room for those 33" BFGs :popcorn:

I know there is the sticky link above for mechanics but I thought I'd ask about specific suspension installs. I just purchased a MAF shackle reversal
kit, larger shackles and AAFs and am now looking for someone/someplace to do the install.

Plus if someone on here local would like to make some extra cash and do it, I thought I'd be nice to give someone the chance. If I thought I could get away
with it where I live, I'd try it on my own but, am not going to risk it.

I technically live in Hillsboro, Or.

Makin' room for those 33" BFGs :popcorn:

It's really quite simple. If you don't already have them, get yourself a couple of floor jacks and some jackstands and get after it. Do it yourself and take pride in it! :cheers:

It's really quite simple. If you don't already have them, get yourself a couple of floor jacks and some jackstands and get after it. Do it yourself and take pride in it! :cheers:

Yea, it doesn't look tough and I've done pretty rediculous things with my suspension with my VW Rally car etc but I can't get the cruiser into my garage due to height constraints and that I'm currently piecing together a 360 for my Roadrunner and have two VW Rabbits apart in there right now not to mention my driveway is nearly 45 degrees and the neighborhood gestapo won't allow us to work on our vehicles in front of our houses. :crybaby:

Yep... not really that tought to do at all provided you have the space and time. If you dont I would recommend using Overthehill over in St. Johns, Landcruisers NW just off Yeon in NW Portland, Landcruiser specailties in Hillsboro, or Leonards Offroad near skate world.

Yea, it doesn't look tough and I've done pretty rediculous things with my suspension with my VW Rally car etc but I can't get the cruiser into my garage due to height constraints and that I'm currently piecing together a 360 for my Roadrunner and have two VW Rabbits apart in there right now not to mention my driveway is nearly 45 degrees and the neighborhood gestapo won't allow us to work on our vehicles in front of our houses. :crybaby:

Copy that. HOAs are a PITA from what I've seen/heard. That's why I live out in the boonies..........plus I can shoot off my decks!! BONUS!!!! :cheers:

Yep... not really that tought to do at all provided you have the space and time. If you dont I would recommend using Overthehill over in St. Johns, Landcruisers NW just off Yeon in NW Portland, Landcruiser specailties in Hillsboro, or Leonards Offroad near skate world.

Aha, rad! I didn't know there was a place in Hillsboro, that'd definintely be easiest, are they a solid shop?

Copy that. HOAs are a PITA from what I've seen/heard. That's why I live out in the boonies..........plus I can shoot off my decks!! BONUS!!!! :cheers:

Ohman, the rub was I didn't even know about the HOA when I moved in - grrr.

I'm so jealous about being able to shoot off your deck! I'm workin on the boonie thing, I have 10 acres northwest of Fairbanks, Alaska. The cruiser and I are headin' up in Sept to start clearing land for my cabin :grinpimp:

Second the recommendation for Over the Hill. W and James will treat you right. They did my gears and are currently building my 2FE. They're also adding airoverleaf air bags to my rear springs while they've got the truck.

Man...

Called three places you guys suggested and I guess mine is goin to overthehill too!

leonardsoffroad = didn't want to touch the AAL. Didn't agree with them.
landcruiserspecialties = (is super close) but wanted $600-$800
overthehill = wanted $400-$600

...I guess that settles it!

:bounce2:

Hey Moby is yours the white 62 missing the grill at over the hill right now? My blue cruiser is keeping it compamy now. Mines gettin th350 and springover.

If the white one is missing an engine it's mine :) Good to know that it's not lonely. You'll love having an auto in your 60. I love my A440 (which is getting an Extreme valvebody while the engine is out). I thought about going spring over but my truck isn't really a serious wheeler. So I'm having them do rear air over leaf air bags while it's there ;)

Man...

Called three places you guys suggested and I guess mine is goin to overthehill too!

leonardsoffroad = didn't want to touch the AAL. Didn't agree with them.
landcruiserspecialties = (is super close) but wanted $600-$800
overthehill = wanted $400-$600

...I guess that settles it!

:bounce2:

It's pretty tough to beat W's prices. When he re-geared my 62 and added a rear air locker he beat his own estimate by $200 and he had to spend extra time straightening one of the rear axles!

give Tony & Matt a call at LandCruiser Northwest (503) 224 -5115

good guys and they do good work

my 2¢,
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

LCNW

i'll third the LCNW recommendation. Great guys. They're in the process of rebuilding my baby as we speak. Can't wait to get her back!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom