Input on Windows visors / wind deflectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Keep

GOLD Star
Threads
My poor 80 has become my cigar smoking vehicle of choice. Its not very cigar friendly in regards to ventilation though. It seems even in a light rain the water runs right into the slightly cracked window. I've never liked the looks of Ventvisors and similar acrylic deflectors but if I'm going to keep puffing on my Camachos its time to get some visors. Anyone found any extremely low profile versions of these things that you would recommend?

I have the Weathertech versions....made in Germany. They came with the car when I purchased it.

They create wind noise and obstruct my view .... so I am thinking about removing them.

However, the vehicle well and do what they claim to d very well.

Rich

My poor 80 has become my cigar smoking vehicle of choice. Its not very cigar friendly in regards to ventilation though. It seems even in a light rain the water runs right into the slightly cracked window. I've never liked the looks of Ventvisors and similar acrylic deflectors but if I'm going to keep puffing on my Camachos its time to get some visors. Anyone found any extremely low profile versions of these things that you would recommend?

When I purchased my 80 it came with these Weathertech Wind Deflector / Visors. They are the ones made in Germany.

Besides not liking the way they look, and unless this is normal for an 80 Series, they seem to create wind noise around the passenger and driver side windows.

I also suspect that these deflectors may cause some problems over time with the window seals.

Has anyone removed these from a vehicle and experienced any leaking, wind noise, or other issues? I will be removing mine this week to see what happens. Hopefully nothing but the loss of noise and better visibility through my side windows.....:)

Rich

I have big honkin' visors that the PO had put on.

I don't like them as they are HUGE (especially the front ones) and obstructs the mirrors when it rains (rain drops), but I enjoy their ability to keep the rain away from the cabin. The wind noise does not bother me much.

Toyota has two different versions for the 80, one big (not huge:D) and the other ones small. Unless you're obsessed with OEM stuff from Toyota, I would just get the Weathertech ones or generic ones and call it good.

HTH's.

Mot:)

My HDJ81 came with the giant ugly bubble visors from Toyota. I hate them, although I seem to fit right in driving around Richmond. I have the much smaller, dark Ventshade visors on order and will be swapping them over ASAP.

I've used Ventshade visors on every vehicle I've owned and they will do exactly what you're after without obstructing your view too much.

I wouldn't waste money on visors when you could use that to buy some more cigars. Just keep the windows closed and it will be like a rolling humidor:D

I wouldn't waste money on visors when you could use that to buy some more cigars. Just keep the windows closed and it will be like a rolling humidor:D

Point taken. It sounds like the general feeling is they're not really worth the noise, obstruction and bad looks.

Thanks for the input!

I have AVS auto vent shades on mine. I like them because they blend in pretty well and I can keep the windows cracked 24/7. They make no wind noise that I have noticed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom