How much modifying is acceptable?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.trailwerx.com
I've got 2 cruisers. A 77 that's all stock, uncut, with the 4 spd tranny. And my 72 that someone has already opened the rear fenders up on and cut the front fenders.

DSC02030.jpg

DSC02029.jpg

The 72's in too nice of shape to beat it on the trails hard but not so nice that I would'nt want to take it out for some mild wheeling. I'm really wanting to build a trick rear bumper as well as a front bumper for it and maybe some extended tube shock hoops for the front. The bumpers I'm wanting to build would require me to torch out the rivits on the rear and remove the stock frame cap. Think I'd be fawking up by cutting this much into it?

Hey, I think you should do what makes you happy! Add your bumpers and whatever else you desire...after all it's only steel and will eventually rust away anyway ;)
BTW...Nice truck.

It's a matter of opinion.
If it were me, I'd leave the stock rig alone. A stock FJ40 will do a lot more than you might think. If it were my only rig it might be different, but you have another that you can use for a trail rig.

Have fun with the rig that has already been butchered. Thats what I did with mine, it was pretty bad before I started cutting body away. I figured it was no big deal to hack out some bondo and rust.:hillbilly:

I agree with Full Throttle. Go for it, the personal touch to these rigs is what makes them stand out and be sooooo cool!!:cheers:

Your Land Cruiser is YOUR Land Cruiser. If you are not planning on selling it, then do what you want with it, because it is yours. It's already slightly modified, go for it. Cheers!

It's so hard to cut on one for me... I do think that since I have the other un cut one that I can get away with just moding this one a little more and enjoying it. It is already cut, although not alot. I have no intentions of selling it so I might just get out there and get busy on it.

Thank's for the imput!

If it were me, I'd leave the stock rig alone. A stock FJ40 will do a lot more than you might think. If it were my only rig it might be different, but you have another that you can use for a trail rig.

Have fun with the rig that has already been butchered. Thats what I did with mine, it was pretty bad before I started cutting body away. I figured it was no big deal to hack out some bondo and rust.:hillbilly:

what he said

Hey, I think you should do what makes you happy! Add your bumpers and whatever else you desire...after all it's only steel and will eventually rust away anyway ;)
BTW...Nice truck.

I agree with Full Throttle. Go for it, the personal touch to these rigs is what makes them stand out and be sooooo cool!!:cheers:

Your Land Cruiser is YOUR Land Cruiser. If you are not planning on selling it, then do what you want with it, because it is yours. It's already slightly modified, go for it. Cheers!

Are you seeing a common theme here? I'm in agreement with these guys....do whatever you want......IT'S YOURS!!!! :cheers:

Personally, I would not cut a rust free FJ40. Miine will not get cut as long as it remains rust free and unwrecked.

But it's your vehicle. Do what makes you happy.

depending on what kind of driving you are planning on doing cut,weld,and modify until it suits you. every cruiser i have seen since joining the mud site is different in one way or another, but then we share alot of tech aspects, bottom line its your truck .

that part rusts to s*** anyway. BREAK OUT THE TORCH!!! Have fun and enjoy!! It's just a truck, your truck BTW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom