Why are there so few FJ55 vender listings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have noticed that there are very few listings for parts from a lot of venders. There are many vendors that don't mention the FJ55 even though many parts are able to be used on 40's, 45's and 55's. Is it that the FJ55 is that overlooked, or are there so few of us? Is there a almighty FJ55 vendor out there. I have seen the Definitive Swine Resource Thread. That is a great idea, however if I need general parts, I hate having to check compatability..... :cool:

Just basic math - a couple of million 40s produced vs. a hundred thousand or so 55s, which would you support as a vendor? Just keep in mind 99% of the mechanical stuff will swap right over, it's the body & interior that gets difficult.

:pig:

Tucker

very overlooked. I mean when I was in college I felt the fj40 was the perfect vehicle. however the 4 doors, long wheel base of the 55 now better fits the bill. Having already learned the landcruiser drivetrain the transition was simple.

best solution is to have one of each landcruiser model :) and then you'll start to see the compatibility a lot clearer. just ask landpimp and others.

It's not that the 55 is overlooked- it's that the vendors don't want to deal with FJ55 owners- cantankerous people who in general do things on their own, who invent and modify their trucks outside conventional thinking simply because they own perhaps the greatest Land Cruiser ever made. Owning a 55 is a challenge. Outfitting it is an exercise in invention and originality.

FJ55: not for the faint of heart.

I still think overlooked. There is a lot more business in 40 parts. But with the help of the internet it is pretty clear to see there are a lot of 55 owners out there and growing more very day. Long live the pig.

I have noticed that there are very few listings for parts from a lot of venders. There are many vendors that don't mention the FJ55 even though many parts are able to be used on 40's, 45's and 55's. Is it that the FJ55 is that overlooked, or are there so few of us? Is there a almighty FJ55 vendor out there. I have seen the Definitive Swine Resource Thread. That is a great idea, however if I need general parts, I hate having to check compatability..... :cool:

hey! you're in palmer lake and i'm in castle rock.
what do you want, i'll build it for you.

sure could use your rig for mock up on a few things.....could be worth your time to get ahold on me ;)

i've been wanting a 55 to work off of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom