I finally figured out how to get the GA clay off of my cruiser... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been restoring and upgrading an fj62 for about a year and I have a about a zillion hours in on cleaning this stuff off. My only problem right now is trying to figure out how to get it out of the frame rails.

I am having the same problem...I am restoring a 1973 FJ55 that is native to Georgia. But the rockers are rusted out and stuffed with mud. Since mine aren't structural, I am going to drill a hole at the front (the back is already open from rust) and blow a pressure washer through there. I also found that a gun cleaning rod with a brush on it will fit through the back holes. So I am going to get a rod with this brush on it:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=890344

Don't know if that will help you, but that's my plan.

Looking forward to seeing you again at GSMTR, by the way. I was there last year with my brother in my then new FJC. This year I'll actually wheel it!

Vey cool , I have a quick frame swap to do before I go, some tube work and some Hydro assit to throw and I think ill be set. I am stoked to go this year, I need a vaction like no other. Make sure you say "hey" this year to me becuase Im sure there will be a lot of FJC's up there.

As for the frame...its in rather good condition I just got to figure out how to get the clay out of it....Hmmm the stuff is rock hard in there. Ahh welll Ill figure it out then.

Safe travels to GSMTR...

-Al

Her FJC will be the one parked next to the giant rubber 80 :)

I gathered that much;) :D

Vey cool , I have a quick frame swap to do before I go, some tube work and some Hydro assit to throw and I think ill be set. I am stoked to go this year, I need a vaction like no other. Make sure you say "hey" this year to me becuase Im sure there will be a lot of FJC's up there.

As for the frame...its in rather good condition I just got to figure out how to get the clay out of it....Hmmm the stuff is rock hard in there. Ahh welll Ill figure it out then.

Safe travels to GSMTR...

-Al

Her FJC will be the one parked next to the giant rubber 80 :)

I gathered that much;) :D

And, I think staying in the same house. Aren't you hanging with Upstate at the Cabin, Al? If so, you'll see me, cause I'll be there too.

Haha, well that makes things easy :)

You guys ready to have some fun...I sure as hell am. I am heading straight for slickrock as soon as I get there. I have yet to hit that trail every year I go someone ends up on there side or there is a long wait.

Hey Dan you gonna hit gaurdrail and hellicopter pad with me? huh huh are ya? :)

I have been restoring and upgrading an fj62 for about a year and I have a about a zillion hours in on cleaning this stuff off. My only problem right now is trying to figure out how to get it out of the frame rails.

how about some flowing water from a hose and a plumbing auger? anybody ever try that?

hmm, guardrail and helicopter pad....I don't think so...maybe :)

Slickrock I will do!

Otherwise I may be more social and low key this year.

Dan...aka "sheerer of all things axle", has had a run of bad luck with the little metal sticks that make your wheels go round and round. School Bus ended up costing him a bunch this year. Trying to drag that fat ass 80 up those rocks is starting to wear on his wallet a little. That being said, he does respond well to peer pressure. :grinpimp:

As for my little GSMTR adventure, I will not be as easily swayed to bang up the new truck. So I'll be looking for a seat for the more dificult stuff.

Dan...aka "sheerer of all things axle", has had a run of bad luck with the little metal sticks that make your wheels go round and round. School Bus ended up costing him a bunch this year. Trying to drag that fat ass 80 up those rocks is starting to wear on his wallet a little. That being said, he does respond well to peer pressure. :grinpimp:

As for my little GSMTR adventure, I will not be as easily swayed to bang up the new truck. So I'll be looking for a seat for the more dificult stuff.

Im already starting in on the peer preasure thing:D Ill bring my welder just in case things get nasty..:D

My wallet is fine, it is my pride that hurts :)

Well it sounds like your drivetrain has been more than beefed up since then. so, its time to hit the rocks...

Just looking at your avatar makes me hungry for an avacodo and some fresh mexican food :)

Haha, Im sure your right. But how funny would that be. Hold on a minute hunny Im lubing up the cruiser for some wheeling....I Love my cruiser but that might be crossing the line;) :D

you'll go blind!

So Dan, you ready to rumble???....When are you getting there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom