rear glass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any one know if the rear window of a 60 and and 80 are the same size? they look to be about the same and i was thinken it would be cool to have the slider in back for camping and what not.....

Any one know if the rear window of a 60 and and 80 are the same size? they look to be about the same and i was thinken it would be cool to have the slider in back for camping and what not.....

60s an 80s not the same size.....sliders are available on 60s outside the US. I think Spector sells a nice kit, butt they are a couple $$s

yeah i saw a thread with the import glass just thought it might be cheaper the other way.... oh well

I had a set from CR Larence and they're close but not really close enough to work well. Some people have installed them but it's better to go with the real things. I had a glass shop (Tinker) check them out and try to install them for me. Biggest problem is Toyota glass has a slight curve, CR Larence are flat, makes a big difference.

I had a set from CR Larence and they're close but not really close enough to work well. Some people have installed them but it's better to go with the real things. I had a glass shop (Tinker) check them out and try to install them for me. Biggest problem is Toyota glass has a slight curve, CR Larence are flat, makes a big difference.
Well...that might explain why the set I got with the 60 was still in the crl box in the back:doh:
did tinker get em in? do they leak? or should I just use em for target pratice:D

Well...that might explain why the set I got with the 60 was still in the crl box in the back:doh:
did tinker get em in? do they leak? or should I just use em for target pratice:D

Target practice ;)

With some grinding of the pinch weld they could be made to fit using the original gasket. They would probably still leak. From what I've seen & heard even the Toyota Oz versions leak.

I was going to do it for my dog but now that she's gone I've decided against even thinking about it.

"I was going to do it for my dog but now that she's gone I've decided against even thinking about it."

I'm sorry for your loss, that is the same motivation for me considering it.

FWIW: a few years ago I got the SOR takeout Aussie sliders for my dogs. window shop strongly advised against install after they put the first one in, thought it would leak too much. they reinstalled regular glass at no cost & I shipped 'em back for full credit.

average annual precipation around 15".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom