What do you think about these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There has been a lot of discussion on those lights with some pics on another thread....

search custom lights. I think the thread is Custom Lights yay or nay....

I was considering them myself in order to comply with DOT/SAE requirements but I emailed the seller without any reply, I am not interested in a seller who offers no customer service particularly if there is a problem with them....just my $.02

I you look at my thread in the wanted section, I was looking for some lights and a guy emailed me with a passenger side still in the box and I think he still has it....you can PM me for his details if you like.

Last edited:
I would really like those aftermarket ones. Does anybody know where to get them other than Ebay? Any direct importer, any Chinese producer? I just can't believe that those guys are the only ones in the world who have those lights. Somebody must make them, right?

The sellers on Ebay are a bit of scammers. They charge a lot for shipping. Come on.. around $50 for US and $140 for international is a scam. I have bought items that were really heavy and shipping to Europe was $40 max. and not $140.

they look a lot better thah the clear ones

I personally don't like them.

You can get a headlight housing for one side OEM for less than the purchase price and shipping. Granted that is only one side but I find OEM much better than most aftermarket lighting stuff I have seen.

We drive them because they are toyotas but yet we look to purchase parts made by someone else. Just my opinion.

good luck

John

I don't think they're blingy but they are not your top-o-line product. I bought them because I wanted to give my rig a more up-to-date look which these lights definitely bring but the quality of the projector is definitely not like Bosch but I do get better lightiing than I did with the standard OEM's. If performance is what your looking for, then do the HIR bulb upgrade as that will give you top notch lighting with your OEM lamps. I myself, like the new modern look it gives my rig. These lights may come in misaligned but there are adjustable screws to align them properly. What I did to mine was added amber bulbs to the 3 LED's on each side and connected them to my turn signals and they only come on then. I also added LED bulbs to the front blinkers as well so they match, with have that neat blinking motion that LED's give.

Well, the reason I was looking at these was because I was having trouble finding OEM, I can get them new, but then I have to sell a kidney to buy them. I was looking at these as an option. I don't think they were designed to compete with OEM lights, but more as a stylish upgrade, so I am not expecting that level of quality, but I think that they will last as long as I need them.
So from the person that actually bought them, you say that the lighting was ok on them, and that they look good?

THanks
Kent

I don't think they were designed to compete with OEM lights, but more as a stylish upgrade, so I am not expecting that level of quality, but I think that they will last as long as I need them.
So from the person that actually bought them, you say that the lighting was ok on them, and that they look good?

THanks
Kent
You hit it right on the nose! These won't be the same quality of OEM but will look much better, well at least for some. From the look of the housing, it does look well built and I don't see them being a problem for years to come other than the plastic lens cover fading over time but even the OEM's fade so that's a chance I'm willing to take. Like I mentioned before, the projectors are not your top-o-line but you will get no worse lighting than you already have with stock OEM. BTW, these lamps were made for Land Cruisers and if you put them on LX450's like I did, the grill will need to be dremelled to fit or it will stick out a bit. You can always buy a Toyota grille to fit as well.

New Rig
WhiteHalos.jpg

WhiteHalosII.jpg

WhiteHalosI.jpg

What the next generation LC's are gonna look like.
blacklights4LC.jpg

sidelights4LC.jpg

BTW, how much are new OEM lamps going for? I sold my old set and not sure if I'll do the same with my current ones.

Those do look cool... I agree it would be nice to find them from a supplier other than ebay, any seller who goes out of their way to bone somebody on shipping is not reputable IMHO.

I've been looking for other sourses of the lights, but they are all $280-$300. even with the rip-off shipping, they are cheaper,
still trying to decide
Kent

I've been looking for other sourses of the lights, but they are all $280-$300.
Kent
Wow, and I sold my last set of OEM's for $50. Might put the next set on ebay.:idea:

If you do decide on the halo's, Mot brought up a good point in caulking them. I didn't on my first set and didn't have any moisture issues but I did caulk these new ones just for safe measure. I don't know but I think Land Cruisers' were made to have round lamps and not square. :beer:

Last edited:
I doubt they will be as good of a headlight as the OEM, but even if they are, they are butt ugly, IMHO. They look totally out of place on the almost 20 year old, classic SUV shape, of the 80 series.

As I mentioned before, the look is not for everyone. IMO, the 80 series has an ageless look to it. Very adaptable to many upgradeable parts. I've always liked the look of round lamps anyhow and Toyota should've never gone away from that look but at least they corrected themselves with the upcoming generation LC and got rid of the square/rectangle look.

:beer:
Vintage-Land-Cruisers.jpg

:cheers:
land-cruiser-1975.jpg

:cool:
land-cruiser.jpg

:confused: :confused: :confused:
land-cruiser.jpg

land-cruiser-05.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back