New work Bench (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This little baby popped onto my head last night when I couldn't sleep.
I wanted something that can get the crap beat out of it . so off to lowes I went .

$180 worth of goodies and 6hours and I ended up with this 3'x3'x8' monster :cool:
I just need to toss a plywood top on it when the glue drys
The legs are 4x4s and the top is made of 2x3s glued face to face with some 2x8s and 2x6s tossed in then all lagged together

Now I just have to figure out how to move it :doh:
bench1.jpg
bench2.jpg
bench3.jpg

Last edited:
Try furniture sliders under each leg. (lowe's) The don't have the wobble that reasonably prices wheels have. You can purchase some expensive neoplast wheels, but the swivel, still "swivels", when you don't want it to.

My bench is similar, but is 4x12 with 2 pieces of 3/4" marine plywood, with 1/4 inch plate on half.

yours looks much nicer. Nice Job

I think you need a few more bolts to hold it together! Seriously - NICE!

I think you need a few more bolts to hold it together! Seriously - NICE!

Thanks

I used the whole box of 100 (wanted to use more)

I wanted something to bolt a big vice ,grinder and maybe a anvil to .
I'm tired of having a crappy, wobbly POS when getting medevil on a project as it just makes it go from less fun ,to no fun.

nice vette! I need some signs for my shop too.

Sweet! Now all you have to do is stain it with gear oil :D

very cool, your grand kids will be fighting over that one:D

Install a 3/32-1/4" masonite (hard subfloor material smoot one side) with flat head screws...then when you eventually butcher it up you can easily remove it and install a new cheap top.

Sweet. I need a garage, or a driveway, or a yard.

Sweet. I need a garage, or a driveway, or a yard.

You need to get to a state that doesn't see 35 freak'n degrees below ZERO!!! I saw upstate NY had the low temp in the nation last night at -35 degrees!

I was peat that car too....he doesn't need casters he can just push the bench around with the vette.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom