Wife Fixes Rig......Read ALL ABOUT IT! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clutchee

I'm fun sized!
Threads
Just like the title says.......Ashley Installed the new header on my 60 & also had a great idea during the install to line it up!:idea:

Background: previous header was warped beyond repair.....I removed & purchased a new one.....4 months later:rolleyes: ready to move in a couple of weeks to TN & rig has to drive:eek:

Yesterday I started to reinstall the heaeder & found when tightening the 4/5 exhaust bolts it would cause the flange to allow for a gap.....:mad: ......decided to lay tools down & think. Today I decided to try again with the wifes help, she loosened all the bolts & while I pryed the heaeder from below towards the drivers tire making it flush with the flange.....success;) .....not for long....as soon as she tightened the bolts there was a gap:mad:

Ashley being a quick thinker said" hook a rachet strap & pull it towards the left front tire & I'll tighten er up"...........hell why not nothing else has worked.

:bounce: Away we go rachet strap tight & Ashley wrenching away.............it worked!:bounce2:

Just goes to prove a wrenching cruiser wife comes in handy.............now for me to pay her back for the service performed:lol: :grinpimp: :D

Few pictures from todays wrenching session:princess:
IMG_1495.jpg
IMG_1508.jpg
IMG_1497.jpg

weigh 2 goe.

Not a simple job. I struggled with an intake leak for awhile after my install. It seems to have dissapeared. Maybe I should have tried the ratchet tie trick.

Something's in the air. My wife wants to come on my spring break cruiser trip to Texas. Un pre ce dent ed.

Next thing I know she'll be begging me for an fj40.:eek:

btw. which header did you get? TPI? man-a-fre? other?

weigh 2 goe.

Something's in the air. My wife wants to come on my spring break cruiser trip to Texas. Un pre ce dent ed.

Next thing I know she'll be begging me for an fj40.:eek:

btw. which header did you get? TPI? man-a-fre? other?

Yea I'M PROUD!

Glad to hear the wifes takin interest in the cruiser obsession:D

Oh yea-just buy her a 40....then help her mod it:grinpimp: ...it works!:flipoff2:

The TPI and Manafre are the same header I think. Are you going to Katemcy? You said Texas and spring break. Just wondering.

Later,

Nice work Ashley...... and Brian!! Sometimes a fresh set of eyes can bring quick relief to a problem. Glad to hear the Big Red 60 is ready for the trip north. We're gunna miss you guys.

The TPI and Manafre are the same header I think. Are you going to Katemcy? You said Texas and spring break. Just wondering.

Later,

Actually I'm headed to Rockport, where my dad lives. We may do some fishing in the Gulf backwaters on his boat. I'd also like to check out Padre Island nat'l seashore while we're there. Mainly a family visit though. I'll have to check where Katemcy is on the map--whether we could stop by on our way back or something.

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go Clutchees, Now you need to bring it to Canton this weekend.
attachment.php

Awesome!
My story is similiar. The GF has never helped me wrench. And if you know me, I've had brake demons in my wagon ever since I've owned it replacing everything short of the hardlines. The other week, I gave up on my power bleeder and the only person around that could pump the pedal was Cristin. I convinced her that all she had to do was press the brakes a few times. I went around twice bleeding all corners and LSPV... My brakes have seriously never felt better! I chalk it up to her help and now I will insist on her just being present when I wrench.

My wife fixes her 80 every time something starts to make noise. Does turning up the radio till you can't hear the noise count as a fix?

Well its rollin.........

Cut the collector off the off the exhaust pipe & welded it:D

From there I tinkered with a few other things & wall-la runnin.....still with a nice lope:cool:

See yawl this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom