100 on crack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Spent last weekend in Moab. Picked up a little snakebite looking dent in drivers fender, and modded the tailpipe to almost closed. Had a much easier time than expected. Got the crack on the first try. Double whammy took a few tries. I got hung up a few times on the lower control arm mounts but they've got skid plates and some skinny pedal seemed to do the trick.
crack2007.JPG

i love the bottom of your sig and all i can say is the smell does go away and when they get older they even appreciate the view of the mountains:cheers:

Great pix! What OME are you running?

That sig is wicked funny. I chose the 100 because of the tailgate/baby changing station and I find cheerios everywhere!!!!!

I thought the cherrios were OEM!

Sweet pic. "Snake bite" looking dent sounds like a keeper.

i dont think i belong here...if i got a dent i would be freaking out calling body shops and such to get it taken out! LoL...you guys out west have a few screws loose!

Just saw a green 100 bout 45mins ago...had a dent a little larger then a snakebite...more like a wall-bite, they were missing the parking light and headlight was smashed. And did i mention, it was a soccer mum?

Anyways, Fair, picture looks sick!

i dont think i belong here...if i got a dent i would be freaking out calling body shops and such to get it taken out! LoL...you guys out west have a few screws loose!

Just saw a green 100 bout 45mins ago...had a dent a little larger then a snakebite...more like a wall-bite, they were missing the parking light and headlight was smashed. And did i mention, it was a soccer mum?

Anyways, Fair, picture looks sick!

Get on her face and call her a soccer mom and you might have a dent in your 100 as well. A round dent too. People might call you a soccer dad after seeing the dent....:)

Is your truck locked in the front? Did you upgrade to the 4 pinion in the front diff?

I am headed to Moab in May with my 99 and am trying to find what I can try..assuming I have to drive the rig back home....

if it has stock suspension,that's good...!

It is a funny sig line, but we need to know the skinny - besides the obvious bumbers, what are you running - Tires / Suspension? Great Photo and way cool flex there.

Susp. is OME from slee w/dif drop. Rears are 866 i believe (progressive rate) with 10mm spacers. I load up with all my camping gear and then wheel mostly empty. tires are 295 75. I still have one quarter that hasn't been dented yet. My rig is super scratched so the dent's are the least of my problems. My 100 replaced my armygreen 78 fj40, so looks wasn't exactly what I was after. Still running 2pinion front. Saving my $$ for arb front locker. Front Arb bumper is a total piece of crap in the rocks. Aproach angle is actually pretty good, but if it frinds a rock it'll bend too easy. Rear bumper is irbis with 3" taken off the frame.
I believe a stock rig could do any of the rated 4 trails in Moab.

Front Arb bumper is a total piece of crap in the rocks. but if it frinds a rock it'll bend too easy.

I believe a stock rig could do any of the rated 4 trails in Moab.

1. TRUE! Mine is dented again and needs fixing

2. FALSE! Not a chance unless you want both bumpers destroyed. :)

10-4 on the cheerios. I bet I've swept 33,333 out of ours AND the red drink. Hell, it looks like a monkey lives in the thing.

Both bumpers are made of plastic and are almost indestructable. Dents pop out and scratches are just scratches. If you have class 3 hitch, pretty much works as a skid plate. Besides who isn't looking for an excuse to replace them both anyway. And #2 as you put it... is my opinion and stated as such. Therefore cannot be "false" I think you just like to argue sometimes. Besided he said "have to drive the rig home" Based on my experiences in Moab I would not recomend taking a stock 100 on 4+ trails but 4 rated for sure.

Both bumpers are made of plastic and are almost indestructable. Dents pop out and scratches are just scratches. If you have class 3 hitch, pretty much works as a skid plate. Besides who isn't looking for an excuse to replace them both anyway. And #2 as you put it... is my opinion and stated as such. Therefore cannot be "false" I think you just like to argue sometimes. Besided he said "have to drive the rig home" Based on my experiences in Moab I would not recomend taking a stock 100 on 4+ trails but 4 rated for sure.

After the light pole hit me in the rear bumper (stupid light pole!!!), I thought I was looking at some real damage. I looked and could not even find where it had hit. I like them bumpers.

After the light pole hit me in the rear bumper (stupid light pole!!!), I thought I was looking at some real damage. I looked and could not even find where it had hit. I like them bumpers.

- A backup camera is in the wishlist here.....

Both bumpers are made of plastic and are almost indestructable. Dents pop out and scratches are just scratches.

Agreed, "almost". But I'm trying hard.

arenales057or9.jpg

(still trying to convince her that a TJM T3 bumper is far more important than paying the mortgage :D )

well i havent gotten the go ahead on bumpers, even tried to pull off the...safer for traffic, but i just got the OK to get new tires! 285s here i come! What would be the best way to wreck my bumpers to get a go ahead without making it look like i did it on purpose?

Destroying stock bumpers is really hard work. Bottom mounting points will come off easy. But really destroying them takes some talent.
I've bent my rear dumper on both sides. It didn't look nice:
IMG_0634.jpg

And I've managed to pull off my front bumper when got stuck on a stem. Still no real damage.
Therefore I've given up. I've had mine sandblasted and painted black. I've also removed front fog lamps and replaced them with home made blanks.
Much cheaper than buying the "real stuff". And no Moab style cracks around here ;)

Regards
Samo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom