Next wheeling trip? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So when is the next wheeling trip? Next month for the meeting or anyone plan on going sooner?

I hadn't planned on regearing the Taco yet. Just replaced the PS Pump and Rack. I have been thinking about building some bumpers and I really need to get some sliders as this was a little to close for comfort (see pic). I have been spending to much time and money sourcing parts for the 40. I am hoping I will get to some actual wrenching done soon.
Taco.jpg

My bad, for some reason I thought you were getting in on Pete's (peepers) regearing day with Landtank.. or maybe Ken (KLF).

Evey rig i get I promise myself I'll put sliders on it and I never do.. I REALLY need to do it this time.

Have you made a decision as to what type of cruiser you are going for?

You'd look really cool driving a 40!

What ever you get you have to keep it this time!

I sure would. :)

It's a real stretch in my budget though. The "CFO" has firmly nixed the "finance-a-forty" plan so I'm looking at FJ60's, in particular a local one with a V8.

Dave are you going to be happy with a 60? The only reason I ask (not putting 60's down in anyway) is that I thought you were looking for more of a classic cruiser.

For $4-5k you should be able to find something classic in that price range. Just don't settle for something that you won't be completely happy with.

The ongoing balance of needs, wants, and budget.

We *need* something that can function as a "2nd car" when necessary, and ideally tow a small popup camper or boat.

BUT we want something that can handle stock -to-moderate offroading as well.

If that FJ55 is still for sale that seems like it would be a good compromise as I know that FJ40s are not always practical.

thanks for the reminder on the gears...l must order them. still waiting on the bumper and more susp. parts. cant wheel til those are all in and installed. i hope its not more than a couple of weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom