Finished before and afters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well finally got er done, a few nick nacks to do but its done

went from this
SOA (3)_1.jpg

looks damn good!! cheers

I can't see any differences??? :rolleyes:

:D Excellent work, looks good! Have you driven it yet? Any rattles?

havent driven it, as i have no steering arms yet (hint hint luke)
but its shoudnt rattle the sleeves inthe bushings are preety snug on the pins and bolts, i have jiggled it and shook it and seems alright, we will see in a while when im finished with the front end

this is what i have to get done. got a busy months ahead
IMG_1462.jpg

Are you able to lower it yourself or is it a two person job or the thing comes crashing down?

one person, not tha heavy, leverage is your friend

Looks pretty slick. Throw in a pic or two of the whole truck when you get a chance .

Just a thought - my only concern with that design is I could see denting in your tub at the mounts if you were back into a tree or something. Maybe you could put some sort of "stopper" on it (not sure where) to prevent forward movement of the carrier. Possibly a ear welded on each side at or near the bottom bushing and one on the frame that you could throw a pin through to help absorb any impacts? Either that or plate the inside of the tub where the mounts are, or tie them into the rollcage somehow to beef up that area.

I only have one concern with the design, and that is the tube that actually supports the tire looks unbraced. That is quite a moment arm and I would be concerned that you may have a failure in that connection specifically when you put a 38" sx on there. Should be easy enough to add support, or run it till it fails, it may be ok as long as you don't baja like me :grinpimp:

looks good :beer:

Looks pretty slick. Throw in a pic or two of the whole truck when you get a chance .

Just a thought - my only concern with that design is I could see denting in your tub at the mounts if you were back into a tree or something. Maybe you could put some sort of "stopper" on it (not sure where) to prevent forward movement of the carrier. Possibly a ear welded on each side at or near the bottom bushing and one on the frame that you could throw a pin through to help absorb any impacts? Either that or plate the inside of the tub where the mounts are, or tie them into the rollcage somehow to beef up that area.

for this reason it will be tied into the roll cage on the inside

I only have one concern with the design, and that is the tube that actually supports the tire looks unbraced. That is quite a moment arm and I would be concerned that you may have a failure in that connection specifically when you put a 38" sx on there. Should be easy enough to add support, or run it till it fails, it may be ok as long as you don't baja like me :grinpimp:

looks good :beer:

thanks for the replies

i will run it till it fails i guess, i hung on it and bounced up and down, didnt budge, i think itll be fine:cheers:

Nice work, could you post a couple of pics of how you braced the mount on the inside of the cab to keep the body from tearing away?

Thanks, Kevin

Nice work, could you post a couple of pics of how you braced the mount on the inside of the cab to keep the body from tearing away?

Thanks, Kevin

as soon as i get it done, will do it when the top comes off for better reach and workablility, again its not going anywhere soon, i need to install my locker r&p, longs, ram assit 6 shooters, blah blah blah.

:cheers:

how about a pic, OUTside the garage. like on a trail or soemthing :D

i wish

like i said waiting on my 6stud 4x4labs hysteer arms.

Cam where did you get that from, i have been thinking about building a setup like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom