Pictures of Aftermarket Head Units (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
lets see them. I know some people have aftermarker HU's like the Panasonic HU, which I have been looking at pretty hard, and there's even a Carputer in here somewhere. Trying to get a thread together with pictures and the info on each so that those of us trying to find a head unit can have a certain thread to look at. Thanks a ton for the help!

Here are a couple of picts, first is hand held, natural light to show the display lighting, second is shot with a flash.
IMG_8375.JPG
IMG_8370-1.JPG

I'll play too. Pioneer DEH-p5900IB, love it controls XM, Ipod, and plays MP3's, CD's etc.
rotw m1.jpg

scion-radio-dark.jpg

I'll get a daytime shot tomorrow. Scion 1st gen headunit.

Head unit

This unit does a bit of everything. Its an Eclipse double DIN... CD, MD, NAVIGATION, AM/FM TV. Not IPOD compatible :confused:.

:beer: LandCrusher80

DSC00618.JPG

The camry pocket is interesting. Is that is a standard DIN size or were some modifications needed?

Mine (top) US version, its 10 yrs old same age as the LX –Pioneer FH-P85 super tuner III double –din and also one of my buddy in Japan (below) RHD 80s –Sony WX-7700 MDX double- din.
I like that radio on the Japanese 80... and more details on it since I spy an EBC ;)

LandCrusher, thats a nice looking Eclipse. I've always been very happy with their head units. Out of curiousity, what is the switch to the right of your Rear Heater switch?

Switch

LandCrusher, thats a nice looking Eclipse. I've always been very happy with their head units. Out of curiousity, what is the switch to the right of your Rear Heater switch?

That is the shock adjustment setting switch; it has a normal & sport setting. Standard on JDM VX Limited.

Brandon, What dash trim kit is that? It looks very cool. :)

If i knew, i would tell you. thats what the truck had in it when we got it in 97. I like the dark color though.

The alpine is a single DIN and the cmary pocket require no modding, it just sits out about a 1/8"-1.4" further then the head unit.

Some that are picky might not like it but having the pocket to hold stuff is really nice.

Replaced my entire system last week and haven't decided what to do w/ the hole underneath the head unit yet......

Last edited:
bump

These fit like a glove...

We have the same head-unit.

I like the way it has the same green illumination as the rest of the console, and that it's not all blinged-out. The last Pioneer deck I had wa so bright that night-driving required leaving the faceplate "open". .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom