New Fenders....CCOT or SOR? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRy and find a used set first. POst on the wanted board or try cruiserparts.net or metal tech tube fenders.
The SOR fenders I got (not the new heritage ones) needed to be shimmed to work. The new one was slightly narrower than the original one. Not noticable unless you measure it.

I have the CCOT fenders on mine. I did get them to fit pretty good, but they are quite thin. I have a few little dents in them from rocks kicking up off the tires. I'll probably try the OE style aqualu fenders or just get OEM the next time around, whenever that is.

I've got fiberglass. My OEM ones are in pretty good shape, though. Have you posted in the wanted section yet? :cheers:

Heritage has new ones that are supposed to be as close to OEM as possible. I don't have the fenders but I do have the bib, aprons and w/s frame and they are great. I have pics posted under one of my posts. All the captured nuts are there, but some of the holes need to be drilled. I noticed under their fenders that one kind does not have the turn signal hole drilled to allow for custom installation. I purchased CCOT fenders last year before I found out about Heritage and the are a PITA to line up. Look under Heritagesheetmetal or try Iron Pig Off Road.

my .02

What about Aqualu? Mine fit like a glove. The styling is a little different but awsome quality.

I like the metal tech ones...but you have to cut the apron...and im not diggin that...

I have my origional fenders...but they are covered in bondo.

We have OEM height tube fenders which don't require trimming of the side apron. If that is something you would like to do give us a call :)

Don't remember exactly what they cost, but they are almost work's of art, real high quality. Isn't your tub from Aqualu? Look's like you did a real nice buildup on your truck, now is not the time to scrimp on fender's by going used or poor quality IMHO, you'll end up regeting it and then replace them anyway. Not on a soap box here, just my opinion dude.

So what do you guys think....especially for those who know the "look" of my rig.....you think I should go with the metaltech tube fenders, or the aqualu ones?

From those choices I would say keep your aqualu look going..

to
does toyota still make them? and yes I posted in the wanted section

Toyota does still make certain years. Cdan can tell ya. I got oems from cruiserparts. along with oem running boards. Of course I have not done ANY body work yet:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom