62 series 12ht (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there

As promised - after selling the BJ73 have progressed to a 1986 cruiser wagon fitted with the very impressive 12ht diesel engine.

The vehicle has only done 280,000km and havent found a single bit of rust (yet). The vehcile has spend its entire life within out back Australia (South Australia) and apart from the paint being a little faded and a couple of small dents it in great condition for its age.

Pictures - PS the liitle daughter Emily is helping with washing duties.

I would like some input from the forum regarding suspension, there is many different types on the market what do you recomend. I dont want something to harsh but need to take into consideration the additional weight of the electric winch (soon to be added) and the current long range fuel tank (120lt)

All the best

Wayne

DCP_2054.jpg

DCP_2056.jpg

Sweet truck.

I'd remove the running boards.

Old Man Emu. Get the Australian made ones.

Any info on that bumper? What brand is it?

12H-T..... man, you've got it good. that's a sweet motor in a '60 series Cruiser.

Suspension? Support the Motherland and go with OME -- well worth the $$, you won't be disappointed.

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

Yah the running boards probably protect it better from stones.

You probably would also feel a bit better ride if you installed taller tires. Something like an 85 would give it a better ride.

You have the torque so turning bigger rubber would not hamper it in any way IMOP.

Hi there

Received a quote today for the old man emu suspension - it works out more than what I paid for the cruiser (scary indeed)

For Old Man Emu Suspension for your 60 Series Landcruiser you are looking at approx. $1972.00 fitted and if you would like greasable shackle kits along with that it would be an extra $389.00. Also a steering damper for the 60 series is another $157.00 fitted

Please note this is Australian $

It had want to be good gear.

Wayne

Hey wayne,mate that was a steal!! if you paid under 2g for that im peed off,im waiting on dakar heavies for my hj61 sahara,should have them the next couple of weeks,there low on stock,im gonna try those new kyb scorched 4 shocks,ive ran kyb's on a pajero and they were the best shocks i ever had,little bit cheaper then the ome shocks,but the ome i bet would be good too.Mate one tip dont pay 389 for shackles,i bought some a few months back off ebay,anti inversion,greasable,and the best made shackles ive seen,the grease nipple is recessed in the shackle pin,cost me about 220 i think,he's still selling them,save yourself 150 bucks,better in your pocket then arb's.
mate very nice truck,whats planned for it?
cheers goldchaser.

Hi there

I like to do my homework on products prior to purchasing - and I paid $3800 for the cruiser.

Future plans for the 60 (still only early days but we can always dream) - want to do the big chop into a dual cab - what could be better 4 doors, turbo deisel motor and a small rear tray.

I have a friend whom does these sorts of conversions on 100 series cruisers and wants to have a go at the 60. His conversion they do a 600mm chassis extension as well (put a full size tray).

I have attached some pictures which we sent to me - unsure who owns the vehicle but ia credit to its owner and would love one. Would love to get some extra pictures (if someone knows the owner)

untitled-1.jpg

6019Feb043.jpg

Many thanks

Wayne

Last edited:
Hi there

Received a quote today for the old man emu suspension - it works out more than what I paid for the cruiser (scary indeed)

Please note this is Australian $

It had want to be good gear.

Wayne
Wayne ,ask elsewhere for Beltons springs and they will be cheaper without the OME Dakar paint job.
One shop in Perth offered the springs only for about $500(standard springs),then you got 8 ubolts at $10= $80 Poly bushes are about $50? Greasable shackles from Beltons are about $30 ea and $20 for the greasable pins ,say $200.
I make that about $830 and my mechanic charged me about $350 lab + a kit for the stabilser and something else small.
Im guessing a total would be under $1250 unless I have missed something
I got offered a standard steering damper (same as 60 series} for under a $100 recently.

I always like to separate the parts cost from the labour cost;)

Hi there

I like to do my homework on products prior to purchasing - and I paid $3800 for the cruiser.

Future plans for the 60 (still only early days but we can always dream) - want to do the big chop into a dual cab - what could be better 4 doors, turbo deisel motor and a small rear tray.

I have a friend whom does these sorts of conversions on 100 series cruisers and wants to have a go at the 60. His conversion they do a 600mm chassis extension as well (put a full size tray).

I have attached some pictures which we sent to me - unsure who owns the vehicle but ia credit to its owner and would love one. Would love to get some extra pictures (if someone knows the owner)

untitled-1.jpg

6019Feb043.jpg

Many thanks

Wayne

Nice! :grinpimp:

I paid 2300 for all my suspension. In Canadian funds.

It was BDS springs, OME anti inversion grease shackles
Pro comp shocks
poly bushing

I did the install.

So your price looks great too me.

You paid a reallyy good price for that cruiser. congrates.

Hi there

Brown bear I dont know what sort of number of older cruisers are in the Canada (and other areas) but landcruisers in Australia they are every where (some would say they are like ass h---'s everyones got one). I work in the mining industry and we run a fleet of cruisers (approx 300) - ranging from 100 series 78 & 79's and Hilux)

my views:

The old 60 series dont bring big money anymore - and older petrol one between $1-3k and the diesels between $4-8k - also depending on the amount of extras on the vehicles as well?
Well I am happy with the 12ht - very impressive power and drives like a car with its acceleration.

Well all the best

Wayne

Welcome mate :)

I'm a fellow Aussie

I'd say go for the Old man Emu Setup..

Either the 50mm or the 75mm Lift With the Heavy Duty Springs ( most load acceptant spring they sell )

OME SHOCKS + Bushings + Steering Damper + some 33's or 35"s and it'll be killer!

I want a 12H-T!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom