Started Wiring Today what a PITA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I started the wiring this evening and it's been a real pain in the arse. Unfortunatly I don't have my old wiring harness, so I have a few questions.

I ran all the wires to their respected areas front to front, rear to rear, and engine compartment to engine compartment, etc....

When I ran the wires to the rear I only noticed one brake light wire, one tail light wire and left/right turn signinals...

My question is how should I pig tail the tail lights and brake lights. Suggestions and pics are appreciated.

Also where can I get some grommets that will fit the firewall. SOR is way too expensive!

View attachment 125398

View attachment 125399

Last edited:
is this a painless kit or what?

my painless had the same rear setup....

what I did was this- Ran the single brake and tail light directly to the drivers side light....then a few inches from where it actually meets up with the tail light, I put a T connector and ran an extention of the brake, and of the runing light through the small hole in the frame where there is that diagnal support beam.....

Bingo- it works

My question is how should I pig tail the tail lights and brake lights. Suggestions and pics are appreciated.

It depends on how you're dealing with plugs. From the first tail or brake light you get to, clamp the pigtail together with the input. If you really want it to be good, solder everything you can.

Don't forget to run your ground wires right along with everything else. Otherwise it is a REAL PITA to try to run them afterwards. Try to come up with a logical way to group the grounds too, otherwise tracing faults will be a biiatch. also make sure you ohms check your wires before smoke checking them:eek:
HTH and good luck. Take your time for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom