Shackle Reversal AND Saginaw...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone running a S.R. with Saginaw P/S? I am curious if there are specific manufacture's kits for each that would work together.

i have the old sr kit cant recall who made i of the top of my head, i think advance handeling or somthing like that. and did the saginsaw conversion my self following the tech tips. didnt have any real problems

i would check into keeping the lower saginaw mount bolts in the bottom of the frame rather than hanging below. it requires recessing the box into the frame more, but keeps the pitman arm from interfering with springs on compression. i ran into clearance problems, and decided to not even do the reversal. i suppose it depends on the distance of your spring hanger to frame dimension.

randle, sounds like a S.R. might open up the clearance between the pitman and spring. Did you fab your oun steering gear bracket(s) or purchase a kit?

I think this is essentially the config that MAF suggests. I had Dave Gore (MAF supplier) do mine, and that is what he did.

I do NOT have one on mine, but have seen one recently that a buddy of mine did with the MAF SR and the PS plate setup that Poser, Orange and I all sell.

THe extra width of the SR bracket interfered with mounting the PS plate flat against the driver's side framerail. His solution was to cut an additional 1/2 plate to put between the PS plate and the frame, moving the steering box 1/2" inboard from it's customary location.

Hth

Mark A.

get lukes (4x4labs kits) for sginaw

and profitts for the sr

very happy with this set up

i fabbed my own from the template in the tech articles. my reversal plans included putting the stock spring hanger directly on the frame (no riser).

i thought the clearance to the pitman on full right turn with a stuffed driver side spring looked a bit close. so i bailed out to try the scout saginaw setup instead.

i love doing things twice

cancruiser13, was there any extra spacing required for the P/S box with the 4X4labs and Profitts brackets?

Mudrak did mine 6 or 7 years ago. Mudrak and Decker get their plates from the same guy. Luke at 4x4 labs has the same type of plates.

For the S/R, we just used a regular shackle hanger.

The plates move the Spring hanger point forward about 1 1/2, which allows a flat mount.

Last edited:
i'm not done yet. also, i'm not doing a reversal, thats giving me all kinds of clearance.
:beer:

what do ou mean, where?

i tucked mine back into the cross ember as far as i could

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom