Anyone here have a remote controlled spotlight? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was scoping out some roof lighting options on fleabay and found these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Golight-Remote-...ryZ73335QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

golight7900.gif

I figure it would be a neat little item on the trail at night and would be even cooler with my mini reverse cam mounted on it so I could control the camera angle by remote :)

Anyone have one of these or sumthin similar?

Rick

nope, but cool idea

I saw one of these on a truck at the gas station the other day. The guy turned it on to show me how it works. Really cool. It had a great range of movement.

I thought it would work well in front of the sunroof, and, or the rear of the roof.

I saw one of these on a truck at the gas station the other day. The guy turned it on to show me how it works. Really cool. It had a great range of movement.

I thought it would work well in front of the sunroof, and, or the rear of the roof.

Do you know if the remote is functional from in the cab or does it need a clear light of sight like a standard IR remote :confused:

Would suck if it worked like my TV's remote :doh:

Last edited:
We have some of these lights on some of our trucks at work. They function pretty well. However, there is one thing to keep in mind. If left on for an extended period of time, the light generates enough heat to melt the plastic housing. :doh:

Hope this helps. Moderate use is the answer. :cool:

In boating, the conventional wisdom seems to be that these are a pain in the neck. You often see reviews and write-ups that tell you to pass, and just get a easier, faster and more accurate hand held unit.

Sorry for the late post, but these kinds of spot lights are frequently used here in Kuwait! I have a black on in my rig that I use when going to the desert! The only problem I have with it is the fact I don't know if it is on or not! After leaving the Formula 1 track in Bahrain one night I would have sworn that the spot light was off but apparently it was on an the people behind me got pissed cause it was pointed downwards towards their windshields! I didn't know it was on till my friends came up next to me and informed me! OOPS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom