Can I trust Menlove Toyota with my baby? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone in the SLC area vouch for them? I have owned my cruiser for about a year and have made just about every freaking mistake you could do ( Pep Boys for brakes, Jiffylube for oil changes and coolant flush) somebody please help stop the madness!!! I singled out Menlove only because they are closest to my work.

Mark Miller Toyota

Welcome. Let the madness end! I use Mark Miller Toyota on 7th South and about 1st West. Ask for Russel. A buddy of mine recommended him told me not to let anyone else work on it. Evidently he was trained by one of the guru's of LC's. I have had it in once before and it is actually in there now. Don't have time (school/work) or room (apartment) to do 60k checkup. Good Luck!

Scott at Mark Miller is a member of Wasatch Cruisers and has done a lot of work on different 80's in the club. I have not had any work done at Menlove, but thier parts department is great and gives Wasatch guys a good discount. I've spent a lot of money at Menlove with my 80 having 270k miles on it.

Welcome. Let the madness end! I use Mark Miller Toyota on 7th South and about 1st West. Ask for Russel. A buddy of mine recommended him told me not to let anyone else work on it. Evidently he was trained by one of the guru's of LC's. I have had it in once before and it is actually in there now. Don't have time (school/work) or room (apartment) to do 60k checkup. Good Luck!
I appreciate the input! I'm interested in taking into the shop and having them check it out from front to back and just give me a list of what it needs now, what it will need soon, and what I can do to keep it in good condition, It might be expensive, or it might not, but if I can leave the shop knowing that my ride is in good hands, then it's worth it. It's not new, but it's new to me, and I want it running the way it should. thanks again.

"Huhhuh...huhhuh... he said "Menlove"..huhhuh.."

BeavisButthead-711924.jpg

Scott at Mark Miller is a member of Wasatch Cruisers and has done a lot of work on different 80's in the club. I have not had any work done at Menlove, but thier parts department is great and gives Wasatch guys a good discount. I've spent a lot of money at Menlove with my 80 having 270k miles on it.
I knew going into this that it could be an expensive "hobby" to keep and maintain, but I guess you have to weigh the cost to benefit and see if you, as an individual, get more value from owning and operating an 80 as oppossed to something else.
I like my truck, I like the thumbs up I get from other LC/LX drivers. I'm not a big rock crawler, but the wife and kids like going up on Skyline drive and looking over the whole valley, something we would not want to do in the wife's Honda Pilot. All those things tell me, as an individual, that it is worth it
I don't want to sound too cavalier about it, money does not grow on trees for me, And I do hope the HG lasts for a while, but when the time comes to shell out some dough, I know it will be for a worthy cause!:cheers:

MarK Miller Toyota is an excellent dealership, some top notch techs have come from there.

Another vote for Mark Miller's service department.

I'm confident that any of the techs there would give you A+ service, but I know Scott, and I know he'll treat your baby right.
Particularly if you're just looking to get a once-over checkup--Scott Howe knows Cruisers and will giver her a good checkup. I can also vouch 1st hand that he will also be up front and honest about anything he finds. You won't get any $$$$ recommendations for something trivial either.

Hayes

Menlove seems to be a mainly Dodge shop, so x4 for Mark Miller. Other than their hourly rate is now $105 (ouch!), they're honest and do good work. Join WC and you'll get a member card that gives you access to a great parts discount at Menlove.

Last edited:
Another vote for Mark Miller. I recommend that you contact Bruce Belliston. Bruce is a stand up guy and I have trusted his team with my Cruisers and my sister's 4Runner and Taco for years(even before I met and married his hot daughter) Plus he has the cutest little grandkids. Tell him Dave sent you.

I had Menlove work on my 91 when the relays started popping. They said the diognostic would cost $80 then would go towards the price of the repair. Well the repair was a new alternator and cost me over $700. that was about 5 years ago and I was young and stupid but I would never go back there.

I did spring for the heavy duty toyota accourding to them. so who I sold it too should still be going strong.

Got the diagnosis today and the cost was about 1/2 what I was expecting! Mark Miller Toyota really does a good job and treats you as a truly valued customer! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom