fng from Clearfield UT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone! Been an LX450 owner for just over a year, and I would like to say hello. Here is a couple of shots of my LX when it was listed on Ebay in Feb of 2006. Third pic is my favorite. This site was the only thing that could convince the wife to free up the purse strings in the first place, so I am in debt to you all. A little background on my 80, it is a 97, all stock, (everything works, even the antenna), the leather is showing its age in the driver's seat, but what do you expect right? And, Yes, it is locked. Thanks for welcoming me into the community, and ...:flipoff2:
69_4.jpg
a7_4.jpg
6d_4.jpg

Love the miles. You suck. Welcome! I'm in Roy. How are your Birfileds? Do you have a garage? How about tools? :)

Wow that is some really low mileage, good score. Welcome to the board. :flipoff2: :princess:

welcome..........lucky to get a rig that has only had the oil changed 10 times..........and prolly nothing else:flipoff2:

Welcome!

Welcome. It's nice to see htere are low mileage cruisers out htere.

Welcome!

That's the purtyist color IMO - just like mine but with 19k lower miles....:flipoff2:

Love the miles. You suck. Welcome! I'm in Roy. How are your Birfileds? Do you have a garage? How about tools? :)
Couldn't tell you about the birfs, I have made just about every mistake a noob could make when it came to maintanance/pm.
The brakes were done at Pep Boys, they did not mention them (but they probably would not know to look for them) , and the coolant flush / oil change were recently done @ Jiffylube and I left both locations feeling cheated a bit.
I am more of an arm chair mechanic, I understand the concepts and the theories, but I'm just not that effective with a wrench in my hand. I can change my oil and swap out light bulbs, but anything more then that I would rely on trained mechanics, which is fine by me, so long as the mechanic knows what he is doing( it would help if he was into the 80's like we are)

welcome..........lucky to get a rig that has only had the oil changed 10 times..........and prolly nothing else:flipoff2:
you are right about the pm deal. when I took delivery of my LX, the brakes were prolly original, and I had to get all new rotors all the way around, I did not check with Lexus to see if this truck had a maint. history with them, but I know I should, as the little old lady that only drove it to church on Sundays may not been to keen on the pm schedule.

Congrats on the nice purchase.

This is a great opportunity to learn and save money. Most of the PM items are easy, but they don't seem that way until after you do them once.

Doing the front axle job isn't that hard. It's messy and time consuming, but you can save $1000 doing it your self.

In doing maintenance your self, be careful of the plastic nozzle coming out of the top of the radiator. Quite a few of us have accidental broken that and replaced our radiators.

Take some time going through the FAQ for 80/LX450- series. We have some great contributions from members with pictures and instructions on how to do some of these maintenance items.

:flipoff2:

Nice factory sliders
:cheers:

Build it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom