Seats--any New Ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I want to change from Leather to cloth--with manual seats. What else would work well besides Land Cruiser seats? I have wondered about 4Runner sport seats, honda pilot, etc. Any other ideas? Two big things for me is manual/cloth. I have done many water crossing and my seat motors aren't happy--you should see my leather:doh:

Please post whatever you find out. I H8 my LC's seats (I think they might be aftermarket, and they have no lumbar support).

I want to put a set of 90-95 4Runner SR5 seats in my 80; I used to have a 92 'Runner and the seat fit me perfectly.

Do you guys like the Recaro seat? If you do check the Recaro trend & trend top line model - http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=1565&region=3&L=2

And you can get the RECARO seat bracket from -
http://www.wedgeengineering.net/

Talk to the guy name Wendo.The landcruiser seat bracket front driver side - 988 and front the passenger - 989.
Recaro_01.jpg
Recaro_02.jpg
Recaro_03.jpg

Anyone ever run full bucket seats in an 80 before? I've got a Bride Zeta III sitting home, just wondering if anyone thinks buckets feel weird for a non-baja style truck or anything like that. I'd also assume it's not very safe in a rollover because the bolsters will keep you in place, rather than leaning over to the side, would this be right?

Yep it's right hand drive (not my LX) but soon will replace both front seats same as the pics.

Nice. I had a pair of Recaro's in my Skyline. The set cost me over $3,500 17 years ago in Japan.

LX--I like the seats but $1,200 for one?:eek:

Look at Corbeau. Much less expensive than Recaro, and they have brackets for the 80.

http://www.corbeau.com

Look at Corbeau. Much less expensive than Recaro, and they have brackets for the 80.

http://www.corbeau.com

Nay,

Thanks these prices are much more up my alley;)

Jason

What do you guys think about the following seat? Only problem is this particular seat is black and I live in Mexico.....

Baja RS Recliner

Designed for the off-road enthusiast who still wants a safe, stylish suspension seat without jeopardizing comfort. The Baja SS is now equipped with Corbeau state-of-the-art reclining technology. This coupled with its incredible comfort is what makes the Baja RS seat the most advanced reclining suspension seat available today. Standard features include: infinite recline with a fingertip controlled reclining mechanism, powder coated steel frame, reinforced nylon, inner laced with military grade suspension cords, integrated full body support, and 5-point harness capability. The Baja RS seat fits up to a 44-inch waist but will comfortably fit drivers off all shapes and sizes.

Weight: 28 lbs

Available Colors: Black Vinyl with Black Cloth Insert

List Price: $299 per seat
baja seat.jpg

The Corbeau Moab Spice Neoprene looks like it might be a the winner.
It looks like it should use the same available mounting brackets as the rest of thier seats.
It might even match the Tuff Duck rear covers from Spectre.
More money, Yay.
moab_prod_index.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like it should use the same available mounting brackets as the rest of thier seats.
More money, Yay.

This is the seat I would get. I loved my old Jeep seats, 10x more comfortable than the 80's seats - drive all day and night in those things in total comfort. I think that the spice Neoprene would look good in an 80 with oak leather in rows 2 and 3 and the read is they are grippy to keep you in place offroad.

Only Q is if the brackets bolt up the seatbelt latch so you aren't going to 5 point harnesses. If anybody guineas these things, be sure to post up your results.

LX-Treme,
Thanks for posting seat bracket part #'s. That always seems to be the hard part.
Love those Recaros but they are not power seats are they? That is a nice feature.
Anyway, dibbs if you sell you OEM seats! :)

AMMO has a cool Sparco seat and it is very comfy and sporty. It kind of transforms the look a bit too- it's cool.

More money, Yay.

These look good but I would have to go with gray. For the same price I can get the first and 2nd row in LC cloth. Any thoughts?

These look good but I would have to go with gray. For the same price I can get the first and 2nd row in LC cloth. Any thoughts?

The more seat comfort matters the more I'd be thinking Corbeau. It is a wider seat with more gradual seat cushion bolsters, although if you are going gray then you will have at least a vinyl back.

Anybody interested in a set of oak (tan) front seats with the driver's cushion rebuilt and recovered in new leather with Landtank's brackets just installed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom