A couple pix from Okinawa (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A couple pix of an HZJ73 on Kadena AFB. It is a nicely done SOA. Front axle is also a high pinion one too. I don't know if it's stock as I am ignorant on most details for these model rigs. In the background is a stock BJ74.

Hey where did the pix go? I'll try again...

lemme see... Oh they were too big. Gotta resize... this should work.
Copy of 7X series 002.jpg
Copy of 7X series 004.jpg

very nice thanks for sharing, my dream vehicle the rightful replacement for the 40 series.

Front axle is also a high pinion one too. I don't know if it's stock as I am ignorant on most details for these model rigs..

You got it right ,high pinion was introduced in 90? Im not sure if it was as strong as the diff it replaced.

Another one from Okinawa

SOA with 35's not locked yet. Got locked 60 axles that will be swapped one of these days.
Come and get me ;p

:beer: LandCrusher80

PS. BBQ Sat bring lots of :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: s

DSC00609.JPG
DSC00606.JPG

here are a few I bumped into on a used lot between Kadena and Camp Foster
Copy of 7X series 037.jpg
Copy of 7X series 046.jpg

This one was sitting next to it.
Copy of 7X series 049.jpg
Copy of 7X series 048.jpg

Both are E-Locked front and rear, and 5- speed. On the end of the lot was this Prado:
Copy of 7X series 040.jpg

1,950,000 Yen = US$17,150 ouch.

Overpriced.... all of his trucks are.

Very nice the pics.....

Here is mine TLC FJ70 with SOA, 35" simex and rear locker :beer:

66114595sz1.jpg

Maybe this is a foolish rookie question, but just how rare are the ragtop 70 series? I think if I was stationed here I might would try to talk a deal on the ragtop just to say I had owned one, even if I couldn't bring it back home.

Maybe this is a foolish rookie question, but just how rare are the ragtop 70 series? I think if I was stationed here I might would try to talk a deal on the ragtop just to say I had owned one, even if I couldn't bring it back home.

Pretty rare. Crushers has imported three I think. Island Moose has another. That's all I know about in NA whereas we've gotten hundreds of hardtops and FRPs.

This is killing me! How do I get this convertible 70 to the U.S.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom