PIAA 510s on the rear TJM bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

macneill

Rollin’ on 33s
Threads
Nice and warm out today, and dry. Finally got around to mounting these.

Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of a garage or driveway like some of ya bastids. So I have to do it on the street... "Brooklyn Style!" :flipoff2:

I don't plan on installing the spare tire carrier anytime in the near future, so I pulled the caps for the pivot holes and mounted the lights to them.

Last edited:
Had to mount the bolts upside down. The clearance in the hole was too tight for the washer, lock washer and nut, so I put an acorn nut on the top.

Hole came in handy for running the wire through.

And the clearance for the tailgate worked out good too.

Last edited:
What do you know, they actually work!

No more tailgaters!

Last edited:
How did you switch 'em?

I used the switch from my IPFs up front since I have those switched to the factory fogs.

Last edited:
Last two.

Last edited:
That looks sweet!! I admire your work, electricity and wiring scares me!!!!

Awwww man, i was all siked till i saw the switch.....WEAAAK! :p I used to have foglights mounted upside down on the bottom of my OEM bumper...people didnt even tailgate when they were off.

Anyways, is that a fused relay that is bolted to the fender? I didnt notice any fuse coming off the battery, just have to ask. And one last question, where did you run the 12v+ for the lights? Inside the cabin or along the framerail?

you sure they don't give tickets for lights positioned like that (sorry) ?

I guess they could, unless it was soley wired to the reverse lights via a relay. I donno, i flipped mine on @ a cop who was following me once, he got pissssed, but said they looked nice.

Is that switch lame? :confused: Maybe an old school toggle perhaps? That was what came with my IPFs and they were just kicking around, so I used it.

The relay is on the fender. The fuse is inline in the yellow wire. Hard to see in the pix. I ran the wires along the frame rail.

Awwww man, i was all siked till i saw the switch.....WEAAAK! :p I used to have foglights mounted upside down on the bottom of my OEM bumper...people didnt even tailgate when they were off.

Anyways, is that a fused relay that is bolted to the fender? I didnt notice any fuse coming off the battery, just have to ask. And one last question, where did you run the 12v+ for the lights? Inside the cabin or along the framerail?

Never even considered that... :eek:

I guess time will tell...

you sure they don't give tickets for lights positioned like that (sorry) ?

Just bustin chops, i guess ill get around to wiring up my lights in my bumper tommorrow since u did those today. You have inspired me, hah.

Is that switch lame? :confused: Maybe an old school toggle perhaps? That was what came with my IPFs and they were just kicking around, so I used it.

The relay is on the fender. The fuse is inline in the yellow wire. Hard to see in the pix. I ran the wires along the frame rail.

Just bustin chops, i guess ill get around to wiring up my lights in my bumper tommorrow since u did those today. You have inspired me, hah.

I have had mine mounted for a year without having run the switch yet. I am going to use the rear heater fan switch (mine is blank...got the switch plate from Christo) through the relay that is near the steering column. Mac: You motivated me! Going to get this done within the next couple weeks.

one last question, you ran the wire along the frame rail...where did you come into the engine bay?

I'll take a pix next weekend when I use it again... ;)

But I brought the wires in and around the flap over the wheel well area. Not sure how to describe it best without pix. Sorta near the exhaust manifold..., but not really.

one last question, you ran the wire along the frame rail...where did you come into the engine bay?

i know what flap you are talking about...thats where i ran my 12v+ for my bumper lights back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom