oil pressure reading (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

REKCUT

SILVER Star
Threads
Finally got around to installing my mechanical oil pressure guage (along with volt and water temp). I am at 60 psi while driving down the road and 44 psi while at idle. Is this in the range of what others are getting on the mechanical guage. I am also at 185 on the water temp.

I get around 60 almost all the time. When its really warmed up at idle it will drop to around 45 like you say. So id say your spot on.

I hooked up a cheap gauge and got 55 psi all the time. Motivated me to get a better gauge because I could not believe it. I got a 270-degree SunPro and I get 65 psi when it's cold out at idle and about 50 psi warmed up in traffic.

FSM claims about wide range at 2000 rpm .. 35 - 64 PSI .. if I remember well !
yep.i read on my lcheapo guage 60 at cold,50 hot in traffic as low as 36 at stop with foot on brake(i have a auto)a hotter running temp.thermostat also

Thanks for the input. Much better than the random readings I was getting with the factory guage. It was all over the place and the mechanical one is very consistant so far.

I've got the factory gauge on my 62 and it stays between the 2nd and third line. It's a little scarry, because the engine has a tendency to tick,tick,tick as soon as it warms up. That's after a valve job and several valve adjustments. How much for these machanical gauges?

I've got the factory gauge on my 62 and it stays between the 2nd and third line. It's a little scarry, because the engine has a tendency to tick,tick,tick as soon as it warms up. That's after a valve job and several valve adjustments. How much for these machanical gauges?
your hearing your injecters;) they are loud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom