2005 Tundra engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MANUCHAO

omnia mea mecum porto
Threads
Ok guys.....
Im thinking of doing an engine swap on my 85 FJ60 and I found an 2005 complete Toyota Tundra engine the only thing that is missing is the harness. The engine has according to the seller 35 miles. The truck was wrecked on a accident the day it was bought. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I dont know about the warranty and wether I can mate it to my H55 tranny... What ya'll think?:confused::confused::confused:

The only downside to it they want $3600 for the whole thing....
Yah, kind of expensive but it is a toyo engine and its practically brand new...:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Philos1 this is all your doing dude.......:flipoff2:

I need feed back from yah'll

Cheers :beer::beer::beer::beer:

you might be able to find a harness in the aftermarket, or in a junk yard. A almost brand new toyo engine, to good to be true. However I hail from the Heep world and am still trying to learn about the engine/trans compatibility issues. Sorry I do not know more.
good luck

Giver.. 3600 is cheap for new 4.7 v8.

I think though you would want the whole thing. trans...etc. And ECU, emmisions stuff....and of course the wiring harness.

Be a damm hard job with out any of that.

Brownbear...yeah it comes with the ECU also.... I did not ask about the emissions stuff but I'll call back and ask ...Im pretty sure it comes with it.....but I'll ask....

That seems a little on the expensive side... They were still using the 2uzfe in the '05 correct?? I was very close to doing a 1uzfe swap in my 60, but never got the nerve... However theese motors can be picked up for very cheap, and even a longblock with ecu/harness and trans can be had for around 1500...

EDIT: Not a 2uzfe...

Last edited:
Man -
I'll repeat what my mechanic friend (who loves conversions) who was supposed to do the SBC swap in my '84 told me when I asked him about the possiblility of this swap: "Why don't you pick something REALLY hard?"

so I get the balme huh?

could be a good deal if you can get another tundra that's wrecked and just pull all the peripheral stuff then sell it to someone else when you're done.

or you could do the TRD supercharged I6 from the FZJ80...

only money right?

Yeah I spoke with some of the Fj55 guys and I got some good but not so good info about this swap and yes I think getting a wrecked truck as a whole is probably the cheapest way to go on the long run.

Apparently the Lexus or LC 100 series would be a better swap than that of a Tundra.

Well guys thanks for the info and input on this thread..
I guess I either keep looking for a wrecked Land Cruiser and or go for the vortec 5.7 as you Philos1 have done...
Cheap and fast, super fast in your case..

Laters,

Frank,

Save yourself the headache. Just go with the Chevy it's an easy swap and its been done 1,000 times. The Toyota V8 would be cool but it seems kinda pricey.

Dynosoar :zilla:

To most people 20 + year old land crusiers seem pricey, but I think the Toyota swap would be excelenta. Go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom