American Racing AR767 in 15". (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've read conflicting reports. Do these rims (also known as "rock crawlers") in a 15" diameter clear the rear disc brakes, or not?

Are there other clearance issues?

If I remember correctly they are identicle to the the Unique "rock crawlers", and those did not fit my 60 or my Taco due to the front calipers rubbing on the wheel. The issue is the shape of the dish. They need 1/4" spacers to work. That said, I have the Unique version on my 60, and had them on my taco(lost in divorce), and have wheeled them successfully. Just maintain an eye on the lug nut torque.

I have the AR 767 blackspokes with 4" BS. They work fine on a 91FJ80, but not sure about the rear calipers as mine are drums.

The stock wheel diameter on the 91-92 FJ80 is 15"; I think the switch to 16" was to accommodate the size of the rear disc brakes on the 93+ models. But I've alo heard that some 15" wheels still fit.

Iron Yuppy,

Mine are were installed by the previous owner and they are 16's but I believe that was to increase the height of the truck not to deal with any potential rubbing issues.

That's the same wheel I put in on my '89 truck, 15x8 AR767 black wheel. I just test it fit on my '95 FZJ80 and the rear definately doesn't work. As soon as you cinch them down with the lugnuts, they lock up against the rear disk caliper. No hope at all. I have pics I'll post up later.

That's the same wheel I put in on my '89 truck, 15x8 AR767 black wheel. I just test it fit on my '95 FZJ80 and the rear definately doesn't work. As soon as you cinch them down with the lugnuts, they lock up against the rear disk caliper. No hope at all. I have pics I'll post up later.

Hi Brian.... thanks for the confirmation. It's what I figured.

No need to post a pic unless you're going to do so anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom