Painting a 69 FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey all. Newbie here. thinking about buying a 69 FJ40. It's all original and has had the whole drive train rebuilt. It is in great shape mechanically and bodywise. the only thing is there is some rust and the paint is very bad.

Here's the question. What do you think is a reasonable amount to spend on a decent paint job that includes body rust removal? I checked the FAQ's and couldn't find anything. I appreciate the help.

I'm currently driving an FZJ80, but I used to have a 40 and miss it.

My friend had his painted with minor rust repair for $ 4,000....

Depends on the shop and location. I'm in South Texas and found a two man show that needs the work. He's putting on my aluminum tub, fixing both front doors, blasting/painting the fram, and a new paint job for $4,500. I have to help him with reassembly since I tore it all apart, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I was quoted around $2,200 from another shop for just the paint job.

Yeah that sounds about right. I'll have to call around a little more. I got a quote from a well known Landcruiser restoration shop here in L.A. and was quoted $17,000.:doh:

Granted that's for a complete down to every little detail restoration job. I'm sure they do great work, but c'mon that's way too much and I'm not lookin to build a garage queen. I still want to get it dirty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom