Stock carbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are all stock 60 carbs the same?, jetting, # of hose connections etc. I have the factory engine and emission manuals, but can't tell anything by the pictures.
Cruiserparts listing just shows 81-87 on their site.

Are all stock 60 carbs the same?, jetting, # of hose connections etc. I have the factory engine and emission manuals, but can't tell anything by the pictures.
Cruiserparts listing just shows 81-87 on their site.

There appear to be some differences...a USA carb is different from Canadian. I don't think Canadian trucks came with A/C so the carb is without the a/c idle kick up diaphragm is missing. I don't know about other differences.

For the US, the earlier carb p/n's have been replaced with the late model carb p/n, which implies they are somewhat interchangeable, especially if you have a late model carb fitting it to an ealier truck.
carb part numbers.JPG

they are pretty much all the same for US spec 60 and 40's 81-87, some of the early 40/60 carbs may not have the AC idle up....but thats it.

does any one know whether jim chenowith, when he sets up a later carb to non-usa specs...does he just put rubber caps on alot of the tubes or does he put in brass plugs, remove other things, etc.
I asked him in email but he didn't reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom