? for 2006 LX 470 owners with the factory/oem rear spoiler installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you have a 2006 LX470 with a factory or OEM spoiler, can you help me out by answering two questions for me?
1) Is the third brake light that is integrated into the clamshell trunk covered with a paint colored piece? I saw a 2007 LX exactly like mine except a body colored plastic piece had been inserted where the red third brake light used to be.
2) If you still have the red third brake light as well as the brake light on the spoiler, is the brake light on the clamshell trunk disabled? Or do all four of your lights illuminate when you hit the brakes?
Thank you in advance for your time and help.
Christian

If you have a 2006 LX470 with a factory or OEM spoiler, can you help me out by answering two questions for me?
1) Is the third brake light that is integrated into the clamshell trunk covered with a paint colored piece? I saw a 2007 LX exactly like mine except a body colored plastic piece had been inserted where the red third brake light used to be.

Mine is covered with a paint colored piece.

2) If you still have the red third brake light as well as the brake light on the spoiler, is the brake light on the clamshell trunk disabled? Or do all four of your lights illuminate when you hit the brakes?
Thank you in advance for your time and help.
Christian

When I added an OEM rear spoiler on my 06 LX (all paid for by the dealer) and I personally did the installation. I got the block off panel for the 3rd brake light. However, leaving the red one in will be ok as well. The 3rd light on clamshell will be disabled since you have to connect a subharness from it to the light on the spoiler.

However, leaving the red one in will be ok as well. The 3rd light on clamshell will be disabled since you have to connect a subharness from it to the light on the spoiler.

Apparently, that's not true because I have four brake lights. The two LED's, the one in the spoiler and the one in the clamshell. They all come on when you hit the brakes.:mad:

I'd like to see what that looks like if you can snap a picture at night.

I'll try and remember to do that. Honestly, you can't really see the clamshell light with the spoiler in the way. But if you are close enough, you can tell.

Unfortunately, this dealership has been so jacked up that I'm leery about taking the car back to them again. They're just horrible.

'03 LX FSM also shows there's a painted panel that covers the hole left by removing the brake light lens on top of the clamshell.

da hapa.

which dealership are you referring to with the bad service? mission viejo?

they delivered my vehicle with 1. tire pressure light flashing 2. tires to 40PSI and the last mistake that i just delivered:

no CD changer casette. i was so angry. went to put a burned CD into the truck to wake me up on my 10 minute drive to surf in the AM. all ready to hear some good old fashioned gangster rap and NO 6CD CASETTE. :mad:

jp

Yeah, service at Lex Mission Viejo sucks. I was interested in buying a '04 CPO LX. Had a number of questions for them. They answered none of them, wouldn't even send additional pics of the vehicle (only 1 exterior pic on autotrader was available), as I'm out of state. Their price was rock bottom, but service was lacking, so I passed.

da hapa.

which dealership are you referring to with the bad service? mission viejo?

they delivered my vehicle with 1. tire pressure light flashing 2. tires to 40PSI and the last mistake that i just delivered:

no CD changer casette. i was so angry. went to put a burned CD into the truck to wake me up on my 10 minute drive to surf in the AM. all ready to hear some good old fashioned gangster rap and NO 6CD CASETTE. :mad:

jp
Yes, it is Mission Viejo and trust me when I tell you that you're getting off easy with what you've experienced.

Our LX was also delivered with one wheel out of balance and two tires frighteningly over inflated.

Since then we've had to deal with so many issues I can't begin to go through them all.

Unfortunately, because we were lied to when we bought the rig, we've had to go back to MV to get this spoiler issue resolved. It's still not right (we've been at this now going on 6 weeks) but now we have all LEXUS/Toyota OEM parts so I can go to another dealership.

The morale of the story.

While we got an extremely good price on our LX (as did my mom on her LS 30 days later) we will never, ever but so much as touch up paint from Mission Viejo again. Even the current general manager says that the old management were deceptive, and the current service dept defines the word incompetent.

Horrible.

hello mine is covered with a plastic piece and only thre spoiler light comes on i will take a pic for ya later sorry its cold here and my car is all the way in a parking garage at work. i have heard other people say this is an dealer instal item but i have not seen any 06 ones with out one or even with the lights that you describe maybe a west coast thing that they are selling with out them?

hello mine is covered with a plastic piece and only thre spoiler light comes on i will take a pic for ya later sorry its cold here and my car is all the way in a parking garage at work. i have heard other people say this is an dealer instal item but i have not seen any 06 ones with out one or even with the lights that you describe maybe a west coast thing that they are selling with out them?

My understanding is that they usually get installed at the port of entry, not at the dealer.

yes thats what i meant so wouldnt it be odd for a dealership to even mess with the spoiler?

Some are installed at the factory. Take a look at the pic of the completed LC's at the Yoshiwara factory I posted in the other thread.

Yeah, service at Lex Mission Viejo sucks. I was interested in buying a '04 CPO LX. Had a number of questions for them. They answered none of them, wouldn't even send additional pics of the vehicle (only 1 exterior pic on autotrader was available), as I'm out of state. Their price was rock bottom, but service was lacking, so I passed.

Yep... lame service at Mission Viejo.

That being said, they're the low price leader, and I'll buy from them again. Saving a few grand extra is worth a bit of frustration.

T.

That being said, they're the low price leader, and I'll buy from them again. Saving a few grand extra is worth a bit of frustration.

T.
Last year I would have agreed with you.

We got our LX for basically 1,500 under invoice (including a $500 Lexus Loyalty cash incentive). It was a screaming deal and more than $1,000 better than we could get from anywhere else in S. CA.

But they've been so horrible to work with and have made so many mistakes (which in total have caused me to leave my rig at the dealership for more than a month all together in the last 13 months) that I will never spend another red cent, nor will I recommend them to anyone. While I appreciate the fact that I've always been provided with loaner cars, there's a cost to me to not have the vehicle I bought (both opportunity and the payment) and I've basically given Mission Viejo back all the $ I've saved even before you consider the frustration and anger.

They are absolutely the worst dealership of any brand, in any state, of any sort that I've ever dealt with.

And we've owned Lexus since 1991. Hell, I still have two today and my immediate family owns another three (including two that I bought new and have since passed down).

My understanding is that they usually get installed at the port of entry, not at the dealer.

I posted a long thread about this before my internet connection blew up but...

You are correct. Long story short is that we were sold a new LX with what was supposed to be a factory spoiler. After a long series of mishaps, we learned that the spoiler was aftermarket.

The vehicle has been back to the selling dealership for a total of 5 days in the last two weeks alone trying to fix this.

The new general manager of the dealership has apologized and stated that previous management was "unscrupulous" (his words, not mine). Unfortunately, the service dept. is every bit as bad, if not worse. Incompetent is probably the best word.

Rather than re-typing the whole story, let me summarize it his way:
  1. we have been lied to. we have paperwork to prove it.
  2. the dealership has apologized for the mistake.
  3. our car was damaged while in their care.
  4. twice i was told to come and pick up the car because the repairs were complete. both times, the repair was not complete and in fact, in one instance, at least the GM told me ahead of time that I wouldn't be happy with the work.
  5. After the dealership rec'd the parts on a friday, they phoned me to make an appt. to leave the truck with them (again). We did so on the following wed. We drop off the truck. Hours pass, and nothing. I call to find out the status only to be told that while they rec'd some of the parts, they did not receive them all. I ask them why they called me the previous friday so that I could leave them the car then.
  6. New factory spoiler is now installed on the car. But all four brake lights are still hooked up. Dealership tells me that it is impossible to unhook the light on the clamshell or install the plastic piece. I ask them how it was then that the part is readily available from their own parts dept. and the brake light was disconnected when they fraudulently installed the aftermarket spoiler. Surprisingly, I'm told that's simply how it is.

T.

Easy to say now, but after I went through a nightmare dealing with a particular contractor when remodelling my house 4 yrs back, I'd gladly rather pay a few grand more and get prompt, accurate service. I've gotta hand it to my local Lexus dealer. Although they are a small operation (3 service managers) and charge premium dollars, they always get the work done correctly and on time w/o any mishaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom